|-10-|

~Merry Mishaps~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Christmas Day

3:00 pm

It's Christmas Day and of course it's like 50 degrees out. Boston doesn't want to be cold on the day it fits.

Drishti and I had the best morning eating cookies and opening presents. Most of them were for me as I am ranked number one in the region for females.

Boss also gave me a call. He knows I miss my parents a lot on these days especially because he was best friends with my Dad. It makes me happy that he checks in on me and cares for me despite him being my boss.

I went upstairs to my light green and cream room for a nice shower. Karan was going to be here in 2 hours and so was Drishti's new date whom I was curious to meet. I decide what to wear as I have this huge closet. As I said, it's a dangerous job but you get a dangerous amount of money. I stand in my grey silk robe staring at my red clothes.

Red sweater and white jeans?

No, that just screams I'm not on my period.

Red pants and black top?

No, too casual.

I finally pick on a long sleeve red knitted dress that hugs the curves of my hips. I added black stockings and matching red hoops.

I head downstairs to get my phone but as I open the door Karan is there, about to knock.
Shocked, I stumble back and he does too. He takes a double look at me, wide eyed.

I look at him, and he looks dashing. He has black slacks on with a navy blue button down, and this dark maroon jacket that has both casual and formal in it. His sleek cropped black hair is combed and slightly gelled.

"If someone else was here they would think you are going on a date", he says to me.

"You as well, it's like 50 degrees and you have a jacket on?", I try my best to tease him to end this weird thing.

"Leave me and my style alone. Anyways, Drishti said double date."

I roll my eyes. "You know what she meant. She obviously likes you."

"Is that bad?"

"No, she just hasn't seen the side I usually see. The over-stressed asshole."

I meant to say that in a joking way but I guess that hit a bit to him. He looks down to his black leather shoes and swallows. He looks back up and takes my hand, leading me to downstairs.

"You're here early", I say trying to change the topic.
"Yeah, I called you but you didn't answer."

Drishti comes in looking dashing in evergreen green. She has a long dress on with her hair straightened and some gold heels on.

The focus goes on Drishti quickly as all of us hang out in the kitchen and living room talking about casual topics.

"Tejasswi, we gotta go", Karan tells me a few minutes later running into the kitchen.
I look at the time. It's 4:30 and the dinner starts at 5.
"What happened?"
"There was activity by the warehouse with a few shipments. We need to go there now in my car." With that he gets his keys and rushed out the door.
I look at Drishti. "I- I don't know what happened I'll be here as soon as I can."