|-13-|

~You confuse me~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

January 3

School started after Winter Break today and my head has been stuck in my nightmares. I'm a strong woman and I push past them but it's always stuck in my head like tacky glue.

Today I cuddled in a grey cashmere sweater with jeans and white platform sneakers. I put on my favorite necklace which is gold with an imprinted "T" on it.

Classes were fine, Karan got discharged yesterday and was taking a few days before he comes back to school. I missed Aarshiya and Manvi, who was currently sending applications to college while Aarshiya was sending applications to modeling school.

Two completely different people, yet we are all best friends.

"What do you think about this?", Manvi murmured as she put her red ginger hair in a bun and pointed at her computer.

I looked to see the University of Tampa on her screen.

"Just as a filler, a guarantee they will accept me type of thing", she says.

She's always been determined about her education as I have.

"I say go for it, Florida has cute beach guys ya know", Aarshiya says, her black box braids covering her shoulder as she nibbles on a cocoa bar.

I make a face at her bar as it smells like healthy cardboard. She notices and makes a face at my face.

"Ya know you can ask me to try it instead of judging my granola bar", she teases as she breaks a piece for me.

Just as I am about to take it Himanshu grabs it sitting at the cafeteria table.

"I'll take it thanks", he says eating with a gorgeous "I had braces and now my teeth are perfect" smile.

Himanshu.

We saw them at the Wearhouse. I know for a fact Karan suspects them because he told me, but I don't think they are behind these thefts at all. He notices my quietness and shifts his eyes to me.
Unspoken words flow between us as we think about that night, but him being a gentleman he is, he smiles at me and asks about my break.

All of us enjoy our lunch and chit chat about what we did over winter. My mind heads to Karan as I'm supposed to visit him after school to give him his schoolwork.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3:00pm
Karan's Apartment

Viren, my chauffeur drops me to Karan as I carry the work in my hands. Drishti made a pot of comfort food casserole. I call it CFC, like KFC but even better.

I carry all these as I was about to ring the bell then realized he said he opened the door for me. I step in and look around.

BlackLight gave him this apartment and it's quite modern with black square tiles and white walls. Almost everything is neutral from grey countertops to black leather couches.
Nice interior design, BlackLight

I hear footsteps and a tall and built figure moves in my peripheral. I turn to see Karan and my heart swells a bit.

He looks like he works out, but not so built and hefty, but I know his strength is more than a with guy with jug handle biceps could have.