|-42-|

~Aftermath~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Monday May 2
The day after

Himanshu and us were exempted from school for two days, while Hiral for a week, thankfully because our vice principal was a spy. The moment I was up and semi-rested, Karan already told Drishti about my "bullet wound", which was just minor bleeding but Karan and I admitted ourselves to the hospital for a full checkup.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3:45pm

The sound of the TV was droning while I was focused on the thoughts occupied by my subconscious.

I got another nightmare late last night and it was hard to sleep after, and I really needed some damn sleep. I was playing with my nails while I waited for the doctors orders when I hear a knock at my door.

I look up to see Boss.

"Hey, can I come in?"

I sit up. "Yeah of course."

He walks in, taking off his mocha blazer and sits on the seat by my bed.

He kisses my forehead. "How are you darling?"

I sigh. "I'm okay, the bullet wound wasn't deep at all because I dodged it but with all those bombs and fighting it's definitely more wounded than I thought. I need to keep it bandaged for a week."

"I meant how are you doing mentally? I know you can handle this wound."

I smile. "I wish I could say I was doing okay. I can't sleep, Boss and my nightmares are back and it's just a mess right now."

"Well, there was one time with your parents that we all had to disable these bombs on a train in New York. The fear on the kids faces and the families really took a toll on your mother, we saved them in time but she couldn't sleep from then. It happens, baby. "

Boss tucks my hair behind my ear. "The perks of being a non governmental agent. Your life for theirs. I'm so proud of you. This mission wasn't supposed to take this long but you did it."

"We did it. Karan, Hiral, Himanshu, Aditya and I."

"Speaking of, are you and Karan?"

I laugh. "I don't know, I said yes to him though."

"For marriage?, Boss raises his brows.

"No no, for dating."

He sighs deeply in relief which causes me to laugh.

"He's a wonderful guy. Quiet to me, but I knew his parents and they were great as well. I'm glad you're happy with him."

"Me too, we're taking this slow though. Did you see him is he okay?"

"I came to you first, but the doctors said he's fine too. I have some news for you."

News?

"What news?"

"Karina was going to go through a medical procedure but some of her own agents finished her off before she could make it to the hospital. She passed away."

My body reacts to it in a numb way. Kind of like when someone famous passes away that you didn't care for much but it still hurts you a bit.

"I never wanted her to die I wanted to get her help."