|-28-|

~You Can't Leave Me Like This~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Three days later

Two guys. Two guys in my life both affected by H.E.X.A.

That's enough.

Reyansh was staying with us and he was getting better on doctor's orders while I was working double with the mission. Reyansh and I had a conversation about what I am.

I told him I am a spy and that I am currently on a mission with Karan. He knew most of it, but not all as it is confidential.

I told him that Drishti was trained too, and how we trained.

He smiled and said, "Whatever this mission is about you will go get those bad guys right?"

I laughed and said " Yes, of course."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

4:00 pm

I was currently on the phone with Hiral, her being at BlackLight while I was at home working in my office at home.

"And we are preparing the agents for their flight tonight", she says explaining what's going on.
I put the phone to my ear and gather some papers on my white desk. "Good, I hope they are all prepared."

She agrees.

"Hey, have you seen Karan at the agency yet?"

"Uhm, no I haven't. He's still ignoring you?"

I sigh. "Yes. That night when they took Reyansh I went back in that safe house for a device and when I came back he hugged me out of nowhere. Hiral, there was so much emotion in that hug."

"And then he went right back to being super distant. I have barely seen him except for class. don't even see him at the agency."

She takes a few beats of silence, my words sinking in.

"I'm sorry Teju, I wish I would know why he was doing this, but I have no clue myself."

What was he gaining trying to ignore me?

Besides my anger because I'm pissed at him now.

"He can't do this. He can't do this to me when I need him most", I say softly.
She knew it had double-meaning. I need him for the mission.

But I needed him in my daily life too.

So where was he?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

5:45pm

I head downstairs to the kitchen to see Drishti warming up some food.

She looks at me and smiles. "Hey baby, want some lasagna?"

I check the time. "Isn't it too early for dinner?"

"Yeah, but Reyansh is tired and so am I, so we will be retiring early."

She fiddles around in the kitchen as I sit down and have a glass of water.

"How are you? The agency?"