|-44-|

~Suspense~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

All of us passed our finals. The moment we got our results it felt like a breath was finally being let out. Graduation was nearing soon, and BlackLight was all set and recovered.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BlackLight
May 27
3:00pm

Boss said he had to discuss something really important with me, and to be fair I was a little nervous. I sat down on the seat, nervously sipping my water bottle when Boss enters the office.

"How are you, sweetheart?", he greets me with a kiss on the forehead as he sits down on the desk.

"I'm well, what's up, Boss?"

He sighs and pauses before speaking. "As you may recall two months ago I said I'm planning on leaving the leader position of BlackLight."

I nod.

"Well now that the agency is back and running I think it's a perfect time to leave. Well, there is no perfect time but I'm ready."

"I'll miss you Boss."

"Not as much as you would think."

I raise my brows in confusion.

He smiles. "You're gonna be way to busy leading BlackLight to worry about my old ass."

It takes me a few seconds, and my brain processes it late.

My eyes widen. "What? Y-your appointing me-"

"To be the next Boss of Blacklight, yes I am."

"Oh my gosh-"

He laughs. "I promised your parents I would raise you strong and right and you excelled more than I taught you, and you execute the characteristics of a leader perfectly."

He reaches over the desk for my hand. "It will be difficult and stressful, but you will do amazing. And before you ask, I know you are going to college."

I was just about to ask.

"I appointed a vice leader that will help you. I can't tell you right now and you cannot tell anyone about you stepping up to be leader. Absolutely no one. This is confidential until you meet your partner, okay?"

I was curious to why, but I stayed quiet and agreed.

"Plus, you get payed amazing."

We look at each other and start laughing.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walk out of the office feeling light weight and excited.

And nervous.

Will I be a good leader?
Will I be more stressed?

My thoughts consume my stomach in the form of butterflies and I take a second to take a deep breath and calm myself down.

You can do this.

I leave the agency and set into my car to head home.

Drishti and Reyansh have been so fun to be around, they are much happier and Reyansh has gone back to work and doing well. I pull over to my house to get greeted by Drishti when I walk in.