|-31-|

~Ready or Not~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

KARAN'S POV

6:20am

I woke up in the apartment this time, features a little confused.

I guess that's normal when you move away from home for almost a month.

Home not meaning Boston, as New York and Madrid is home.

But home meaning Tejasswi.

I wake up eyes struggling with the time difference. I don't get jet-lagged too much but it was a weird time to get back to.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BlackLight

I woke up earlier to help transport the materials the agents in China were shipping to us. All of them would come one by one.

I enter BlackLight and get greeted by the two other agents who flew back with me.

I visited the BlackLight agency in Beijing and they helped us gather new and improved technology, strategy plans, and support which would greatly benefit this mission.

I take out the materials tucked safely in bulletproof boxes and set them up.
It's about 30 minutes later, and I check the time to see school started.

I'm gonna have to go to the office today for my attendance.

I didn't head back to school right away, as there was a pre-preparation policy for leaving the school for 2 weeks plus.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

2:00pm

I head into my car and drive to school, heading into the main office to reinstate my attendance.
I turned 18 already, on the 24th of February. No one really knew except for Aditya, because he was my cousin and we ended up going out to a bar where he drank and I had coke.

Drinking isn't really for me.

"Hi, I'm Karan Kundrra here for my attendance reinstatement", I say to the ladies who nod and motion for me to sit as I get the papers and fill them out myself.

I finished right when the bell indicated school was done, and retreated back to my car, eyes searching for pretty green eyes or the twins.

Soon I see the twins, and Tejasswi, all three conversing.

I stare at Tejasswi and get a feeling in my stomach.

Butterflies with a sensation of home.

God, I missed her so much. But the distance was needed.

Her eyes soon meet mine and match my burning gaze as all three head over.

"My man, when did you get back?", Himanshu says greeting me with a handshake, and pulling me in for a hug.

"Yesterday."

I look at Hiral who gives me a hug and I kiss her cheek.

"Got your attendance papers?", my home says softly.