141-150

41

Chapter 141

The ministers in the hall saw that everyone had nothing to say, and said with a smile: "Since the question raised by Master Zou and Hou Xue is of concern to everyone, and it is also the obstacle to the discussion of this matter today. Then I will solve these two obstacles, it should be It won't be a big problem, will it?"

Wow! What a big breath! Everyone in the hall was in an uproar and whispered. Isn't this Duan Wang doing something stupid again? He even uttered absurd words. Who he thought he was, the treasury couldn't get silver taels, and there was no extra troops in the border areas. These two things, even the present His Majesty can do nothing, it is too arrogant for a child with a yellow mouth to say that this can be solved easily.

Just now they felt that Duan Wang's attitude was modest and gentle, but they didn't expect his nature to be as much as the rumors.

"Fourteen, there is no room for false words in the court. What you say is responsible for what you say. You need to think about it before you talk about it!" The chatter in the court was buzzing, and the emperor couldn't stand it any longer, and reminded him.

Although the emperor heard Ming Yu reveal a little bit of wind, saying that he would find a way to make the Xiqi Corridor pass the resolution, he never thought that Ming Yu would say such a big thing. Can this problem be solved by one person? If it were so easy, the court would have come up with a solution long ago.

Ming Yu saluted the emperor and said with a swearing oath: "Don't worry, the emperor, my son dares to say that when he is sure." The

emperor had a headache, and he didn't know whether he should believe Ming Yu's words easily, or if he didn't. It is time to put hope on Ming Yu.

Ming Yu blinked at the emperor, "Don't the father and the emperor still believe in his son?" The

emperor stretched out his hand to rest on his forehead, "Then tell me what kind of solution you will have?"

Ming Yu replied, with a charming smile, he is now in the main hall In the center, all eyes were on him. Now that the emperor has spoken, okay, let's see what he has to say.

"The state treasury has no money, I know. I don't understand. The Ministry of Households has no money, so won't it increase revenue and reduce expenditure? Isn't it still a glorious thing that the state can't get money? Look at Dayan's financial losses every year, don't even think about it. Change and enterprising, step by step, and rest on your laurels, there will never be a way out."

As soon as these words came out, Zou Chang's face suddenly turned blue and white, and a mouthful of old blood was choked in his throat and almost didn't spit out. The officials of the Ministry of Household, and even the Minister of the Ministry of Household, had a gloomy expression on their faces.

"Old minister...Old minister is ashamed. It's just that these years, natural and man-made disasters have occurred frequently, so the tax revenue has not been satisfactory, so...there is today's situation." Zou Chang took a breath and explained.

Dayan is based on agriculture, and almost all expenditures are run on agricultural taxes. And because the emperor stipulated the 15th tax at the beginning of his tenure, and no additional tax was allowed, it has never been changed in the past few decades.

It was fine at the beginning, but with the war every year, the expenditure on armament has also increased year by year, and that tax will basically be maintained. In recent years, the south of Dayan has been hit by disasters again. Taxes have been reduced a lot. In addition, the disaster relief costs are huge. They had no choice but to tear down the east wall to make up for the west wall, and they had to eat the grain.