Chapter 3: 10 Years on

Words formed on the screen: 10 Years On

Location: Cupboard – Number Four Privet Drive – Morning

A pair of blinking green eyes jerk into the light.

"Up! Now!" A woman's voice shrieks.

"I know that voice." Lily said. "It's Petunia."

"If that's Petunia. This is where Harry's living." James pointed out.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! A banging is heard on the door.

"I said now!" Petunia yells.

Footsteps fade away. Harry Potter, now ten years old, swings his skinny legs to the floor.

"Oh, Harry. You're so small." Lily whispered.

He's small. Which is lucky as his room is not really a room at all, but merely a cupboard under the stairs.

"YOU'RE SLEEPING IN A CUPBOARD." Lily and James yelled in anger.

"It stopped that year." Harry said, trying to calm him parents, but he wasn't successful.

"I'M GOING TO KILL HER!"

"WAKE UP COUSIN! WAKE UP!"

The camera moves back down to show Harry calmly taking a pair of eyeglasses – taped at the bridge with sellotape – from a nail.

Hallway – Day

Harry comes blinking out the cupboard door, watches his enormous cousin, Dudley, thunder down the last step. Jus the, Harry's Aunt Petunia appears in the kitchen ahead.

"There's the birthday boy! Don't you look smart for your trip to the zoo." Petunia scows at Harry. "You mind the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn. I want everything perfect on my Diddykin's special day."

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry says. Everything had to be perfect. Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel — Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig.

"He's not a house elf! He's a little boy." Sirius yelled at the screen.

"We shouldn't be treating house elves life that anyway." Regulus muttered, but no one heard him.

Kitchen – Day

Harry enters, finds his Uncle Vernon reading the Daily Mail behind a monstrous pile of presents.

"Bring my coffee, boy." Vernon demands.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon." Harry says.

Dudley enters, stares at the presents.

"How many are there?" Dudley asks

"Thirty-six. Counted them myself." Vernon says proudly.

"Thirty-six. But last year... last year I had thirty-seven." Dudley

"Well now, son, some of these are quite a bigger than last year..." Uncle Vernon tries to explain.

"I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE!" Dudley yells, acting like the spoilt brat he was.

"Now, now, here's what we'll do. Today, when we're out, we'll buy you two more presents. How's that, popkin?" Aunt Petunia says, trying to calm her son. She would have done anything.

"That is not how to raise a child. All you're doing to enabling his behaviour by rewarding it." Lily scoffed at her sister's behaviour. Narcissa and Molly agreed with her.