Chapter 13: First Match

Great Hall – Day

Harry, Ron and Hermione sit together. Harry ignores his breakfast. Ron, as usual, is stuffing his face. "Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Ron shoves toast in Harry's face.

"Classy Weasley." Zoe scoffed.

"Ron Weasley, we've will be talking about how you eat in public." Molly reprimanded her son, but he simply shrugged his shoulders. Molly said nothing. To him, the young version of his mother wasn't scary.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're going to need your strength today." Hermione says.

"Granger agreed with Weasel!" Zoe grasped. "It must be the end of the world."

"Is that necessary?" Hermione asked.

"All you two do is argue and insult each other. I'm surprised that you even got together in the first place." Harry commented.

"I'm not hungry." Harry denies.

"Good luck today, Potter." Severus says, appearing from thin air behind Harry and Zoe by his side. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against my boys." Severus smiles, limps away, with Zoe's support, toward the Slytherin table.

"We are making progress." Zoe whispers as they walk away.

"Ha ha." Severus says sarcastically.

"Working on what?" Young Severus asked Zoe.

"You being nicer to your students." Zoe smiled innocently, making young Severus laugh, surprising everyone, as he wasn't one to laugh.

"That was... disturbing." Hermione says.

"I tell you what's disturbing. Severus smiling." Ron shudders.

"That explains the blood..." Harry says to himself.

"Blood?" Hermione asks.

"The boy was talking to himself Granger. Stop butting in everything." Draco scoffed.

"Last night, Ron and I saw Severus heading for the third floor. I'm guessing he let the troll in as a diversion, tried to get past the three-headed dog, and got himself bit. That's why he's limping." Harry explains.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione scoffs.

"Because Fluffy is amazing and you don't appreciate anything." Scorpius glared at Hermione.

"Listen. The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business. Very secret." Harry says.

"So, you're saying..." Hermione trails off.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Severus wants." Harry answers when Hermione doesn't finish.

"Except it wasn't Severus just like I told you." Zoe looked at Harry, knowingly.

"I know you are: all-knowing, all-powerful and always right." Harry said. James watched his children in delight as they joked. His children were bonding.

"But what's safer than Gringotts?" Ron asks.

"All my properties." Zoe said. "No on can take my things. Especially since our family heirlooms were stolen from our vault, I removed basically everything except for the money and I've put family spells – that no one can break – to protect them from those who don't have my permission." She took a quick glance at Hermione and Ron.

"Why are you looking at us?" Ron asked.

"Because you stole our family heirlooms and our money!"