Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future

Words appeared on the screen: 1st September 2017

"That's the future!" Barty Jr said. "Well... further down in the future."

The scene opened to King's Cross Station and the camera zooms on a father and son. It's Harry Potter and Albus Severus Potter.

"It's the day we got sorted." Albus Severus muttered.

"Dad..." Albus pulled on Harry's robes, making his father look down. "Do you think... what is I am... what is I'm put in Slytherin?" Albus Severus asked.

Harry leaned towards his son. "I promise to do better this time around." He said.

"As Mama Z once said, actions speak louder than words. I'll believe it once I see it." Harry nodded, making sure that he would fix his relationship with his future son.

"And what would be wrong with that?" Harry asked.

"Slytherin is the House of the Snake, of Dark magic... it's not a House of brave wizards." Albus said, looking down.

"I'll make sure to change that." Zoe promised.

Harry placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "Albus Severus, you were named after two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." He said.

"Amazing, how you only say that, now that I'm dead." Severus said.

"But just say..." Albus said, but Harry interrupted him.

"If it matters to you, you, the Sorting Hat will take your feelings into account." Harry reassured Albus Severus.

"Really?" He asked.

"It did for me." This was something he'd never said before, it resonated around his head a moment. "Hogwarts will be the making of you, Albus. I promise you, there is nothing to be frightened of there." Harry promised. Albus Severus smiled at his father and the screen faded to black.

***

The scene opened to show Hogwarts, in the Great Hall and everyone dancing around Albus, whispers are heard.

"Albus Potter." A random girl said.

"A Potter. In our year."

"He's got his hair. He's got hair just like him."

"And he's my cousin." A girl said from behind. "Rose Granger-Weasley. Nice to meet you." She smiled.

"Future Granger, she'll be a know-it-all just like her mother." Barty Jr whispered.

Albus Severus and Scorpius leaned towards him. "She is."

"I knew it!"

The sorting hat is taken through the students who spring into their Houses. Now it was Rose's turn, who tenses as she awaits her fate.

"I've done this job for centuries on every student's head I've sat of thoughts I take inventories. For I'm the famous Sorting Hat. I've sorted high, I've sorted low. I've done the job though thick and thin. So, put me on and you will know which House you should be in... Rose Granger-Weasley." The hat is put on her head. "GRYFFINDOR!" He yelled. There's cheering from the Gryffindors as Rose joined them.

Next was Scorpius. He ran to take Rose's place under the Sorting Hat's glare. "Scorpius Ollivander-Malfoy." The hat was put on his head. "SLYTHERIN!" Scorpius was expecting this, he nodded and half-smiled. There was cheering from the Slytherins as he joined them. The camera glanced at Zoe smiling at her son before returning to the hat.