Chapter 15: Zoe's Christmas

The scene opens to show the Malfoy Manor. The camera slowly zooms on the manor as there is a voiceover: "It's Yule!" The voice yells. It's Zoe's. The camera zooms in on the house before the scene changes to inside the Manor showing Zoe running away. "It's Yule! It's Yule!" She yells as she runs. Footsteps come down the stairs, revealing Lucius, Narcissa, Garrick and Draco. "It's Yule!" She yells again, giggling.

"Yes we know." Narcissa smiles at the young girl's actions.

"You love Yule don't you?" Young Narcissa asked Zoe.

"I do." Zoe smiled. Her children (including Albus) smiled too, remembering the fun they had on Yule, all the traditions, the lessons, everything.

"Why aren't I there?" Young Severus asked.

"You had to stay back at Hogwarts this Yule. The old goat refused to let you join us." Zoe scoffed.

"Don't call Albus Dumbledore an old goat!" Young Molly yelled and her husband by her side, trying to keep her quiet.

"What is the actual traditional view of Yule if you don't follow Jesus?" Hermione asked Zoe in a rude manner, as if she was trying to show that her god was superior.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "Yule is a winter festival that has been recognised for thousands of years since the beginning of magic to celebrate its birth. Yule is when Lady Magic is reborn after she has died at Samhain at the end of October. The Goddess, who has been in her Crone aspect these past few months, is now once again in her Mother aspect, having just given birth to magic. She represents the Earth, remaining still and silent for awhile yet as she rests from her labour. This is a celebration of the renewal of life, but compared to other festivals it is a relatively quiet, indoor holiday, as people gather within the warm shelters of their homes to give thanks. As a Yule ritual, many of us decorate our altars with evergreen branches, such as cedar, pine, hemlock and spruce, as well as bright sprigs of holly, pinecones, and other festive winter flora. But our family, decorates our alter with our wand wood to reconnect ourselves with magic. Of course, muggles decided that this was a good time to celebrate the birth of Jesus as well, since one of their strategies for winning converts was to align their holidays with already-existing pagan festivals. Many traditions which are generally thought of as belonging to Christmas are actually came from our traditions." Zoe explained.

Hermione didn't say anything.

"Will you tell what your doing when the traditions come up?" James Sirius asked.

"Of course, I will." Zoe smiled at him.

"It's time to decorate our alter, little one." Garrick smiles.

The scene changes to show an empty table.

"This is where we decorate our alter for Yule. We draped it with you Family colours and your wand wood and light candles. It honours Lady Magic in her mother role as she essentially 'gives birth' to magic. You spend a few minutes in front of your section each day." Zoe explained.

Garrick waves his wand and the table is covered in black, silver and blue drapes and 6 red candles and a giant green candle in the center and the Malfoy Family Saying written across: Purity Will Always Conquer.

"The different colours are to represent the merging of the two lines. Since the Malfoy colours are silver, black and green and the Ollivander colours are silver, bronze and blue, the combined colours chosen were black, blue and silver. Silver for both families, Ollivander for the silver eyes and Malfoy because they are mainly affiliated with Slytherin. Blue for Ollivander because we are mainly affiliated with Ravenclaw.