Chapter 7: The Blood Message

Fresh from the pixies, Zoe, Draco, Neville, Harry, Ron and Hermione walked, hair askew and robes shredded.

"Can you believe him?" Draco scoffed.

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience." Hermione defended Lockhart.

"Hands on?" Harry questioned. "Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." Harry said.

"Rubbish. Read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"You are just as delusional as the others who read his books. That pathetic excuse of a man did not do those things. He just used a fake spell and abandoned us to fend for ourselves against the pixies. He needs to be replaced." Zoe scoffed. "Just like Dumbledore." She whispered to Draco, but the others didn't hear that last part.

"She's still delusional." Zoe muttered to her husband.

Hermione gasped in shock. "You don't know what your talking about!" She yelled before marching off. "Stupid pure-blood." She muttered. The Gryffindors followed her.

Harry stayed back. "Thanks for saving us, Zoe. Sorry about Hermione."

Zoe nodded. "She needs to get her attitude fixed or she's going to get herself in trouble that Dumbledore won't be able to save her from."

Harry nodded and left. "That girl does not deserve to be learning magic." Draco muttered.

"No, she doesn't." Zoe agreed.

"How dare you!" Hermione screamed. "I deserve to learn magic just like any one if you!"

"No, you don't!" Zoe yelled as she stood. "Muggleborns learning magic is what's ruining us. It's destroying us." She said.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked.

"You'll find out." Zoe said, vaguely, and sat down to continue watching their past.

***

The Gryffindor Quidditch team - Harry, Fred, George, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, and Angelina Johnson - trailed behind Oliver Wood through the courtyard, towards the distant Quidditch pitch.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer!" Wood bragged, but there was something on the field... or someone. He squinted and realised who was there. "What the... I don't believe it!"

Crossing the courtyard from the other side are seven boys in green robes, also carrying broomsticks. At their lead was Marcus Flint, Slytherin Captain. Ron, sitting at a table with Hermione, looked up.

"Uh-oh. I smell trouble." Ron muttered.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Wood yelled.

Flint smirked. "Easy, Wood. I've got a note."

As Wood snatched the parchment from Flint's hand, Ron and Hermione came up to join the others. "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, due to the need to train their new Seeker." He read, he looked up, confused. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?" Wood questioned.

"My King." Zoe gushed, making blush and the others laugh.

Just then, a blonde boy pushed his way to the front. It was Malfoy with Zoe by his side.

"Draco?" Harry questioned.

"That's right." Draco nodded. "And that's not all that's new this year..." As one, the seven Slytherins held out seven brand-new gleaming broomsticks. The Gryffindors looked stunned.