Chapter 9: Quidditch Match

In a dark nook, Harry, Ron and Hermione huddled round a book entitled Moste Potente Potions. The spotted pages were littered with disturbing illustrations.

"Here it is: The Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another..." Hermione read.

"You mean, Harry and I drink some of this stuff and we turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.

"Yes." Hermione nodded.

"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything!" Ron said, excited.

"Well, not anything." Draco muttered.

"It's cute that you think that."

"What does that mean?!"

"Exactly. But it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed. And, of course, we'll need a bit of whoever we want to change into too." Hermione said, looking at the page.

"There are much more complicated potions than the Polyjuice potion." Young Severus said.

"Hang on now. I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it." Ron's eyes widen.

Everyone gagged at the thought. "Why was that the first thing on your mind?" Arthur asked.

Ron shrugged. "I have no idea."

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asked.

"A month." Hermione answered.

"A month?" Harry gasped. "But if Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin... he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then."

"You didn't have to tell me that." Hermione sighed.

***

The crowd roared as they watched mid-game, watching the Slytherin Chasers, bent low over their new brooms, jet past the overmatched Gryffindors.

"Woohoo! Quidditch! Come on Gryffindor!" James and Sirius cheered.

"Gallopin' Gorgons! Slytherin's flyin' like they got dragon fire in their brooms..." Hagrid exclaimed.

"That' because of the brooms I brought the team." Lucius said, looking smug.

Ron was fuming, looking as though he took Slytherin's dominance personally. Taking Hagrid's giant binoculars, he trained them on the faculty box - where Lucius Malfoy sat next to Snape. Harry circled high above the pitch, searching for the Golden Snitch.

Suddenly, Draco streaked by overhead. "All right there, Scarhead?" Draco called out.

"Scarhead, clever." Harry rolled his eyes.

"For a twelve-year-old, it was." Draco defended his young self.

Harry turned and eyed Malfoy malevolently. Behind him, a bludger flew towards his head. "Harry! Watch out!" George yelled. Harry wheeled and at the last possible moment, slipped the whistling Bludger. George swooped down and batted it away. Harry turned and watched it soar away, then blinked: the Bludger turned and streaked right back at him. Harry jetted off.

"Blimey, Harry's got 'imself a Rogue Bludger!" Hagrid yelled from the stands.

"Rogue Bludger?" Ron asked.

"Look fer yerself! It's bin' tampered with!" Hagrid pointed out.

"What!" Everyone (except for Ron, Hermione, Harry, Zoe and Draco) yelled.