4

After dancing and drinking the night away, I woke up on the floor of Cedric's room.  

It was early in the morning, the sun hadn't even broke over the horizon. 

Cedric laid sound asleep on his bed, while Draco was passed out on the floor next to me. 

Draco laid there, snoring softly. 

He looked peaceful. 

Draco surprisingly looked soft when he slept, almost kind.  

Innocent, like a little kid. 

I moved slowly, as I pushed myself up to my feet. 

As I stumbled around Cedric's room, trying to leave, I realized I was still drunk.  

How much did I drink?

I don't even remember most of the party. 

Some how, I managed to exit the Hufflepuff house, and make it back to my bed in the Gryffindor house. 

...

I woke up late, and of course my first class of the day was potions with Snape. 

I rushed into class, barely put together for the day, taking my seat next to Cedric. 

Everyone was quietly reading their textbooks. 

"I was starting to think you weren't gonna show." Cedric chuckled softly. 

"Better late, than never." I replied. 

"You were wild at that party, mate.  I'm always bringing you as my plus one." Cedric smiled. 

"Oh god, I don't even remember." I groaned. 

"That's probably good that you don't remember, because-" Cedric was cut off suddenly. 

Professor Snape smacked the back of our heads.  

"This is a silent study." Professor Snape spoke loudly, but slowly. 

"Says the one who's yelling." I replied. 

Why do I gotta open my damn mouth?

Professor Snape gripped the back of my robe tightly. 

"Mouthy today, are we?   I've been hearing a lot of chatter this morning, mostly of your name.  Being late to my class concludes that their talk is true, a letter home will be sent to ensure that this won't happen again." Snape threatened, but I kept a stone face.  

"I currently reside at the Weasley's." I fired back. 

"Not according to our books, now I suggest you keep quiet." Snape growled, letting loose his grip of my robe.  

Snape turned quickly, and walked away. 

Shit, shit shit.

Shit was the correct term, because that Friday, I was sent home for the weekend. 

My parents did receive a letter from Snape, and requested that I come home for the weekend for a chat. 

That chat was short lived after I returned to school that Sunday, with an even worse black eye, several broken ribs and a busted lip.  

...

"Hey, hey!" Cedric called my name out, as I walked through the hallways. 

I continued to walk faster, trying to avoid attention, and trying to get back to my room as quickly as I could. 

Cedric grabbed my arm, stopping me in my tracks. 

"Hey, so much happened over the weekend! I need to tell you!" Cedric told me, as I kept my head pointed at the ground. 

"Give me about ten minutes, I just got back.  I need to go to my room quickly. " I replied, glancing up at him for a second. 

"I'll go with you." Cedric, who now spoke with worry in his voice, followed my foot steps quickly. 

He was quiet, until we made it to Hermione and I's room. 

I grabbed my makeup bag, and sat down in front of the mirror in our room. 

"What happened!" Cedric yelled. 

"You know, clumsy me.  Always falling down the stairs." I forced a nervous laugh out.  

That's when Fred Weasley barged in. 

"Have you seen my...." Fred began to say.  As his eyes met my bruised face, he seemed to trail off.  

"Don't you know how to knock!" I screamed at him.  

Fred's eyes grew wide, as he quickly left. 

I quickly put makeup over my face, to hide the bruising. 

We both sat in silence, as I covered my face.  

"My name was picked." Cedric exclaimed. 

Oh how those words made my heart ache. 

"Congrats, Cedric!" I said, masking my nervousness with excitement. 

"But... so did Harry's." Cedric spoke quietly. 

My heart felt like it dropped into my stomach. 

"Harry? He didn't put his name in! He's not old enough!" I gasped.  

"They don't know what happened.  It's under a spell bound contract, so he has to compete." Cedric replied.  

"Can you tell me some good news?! Or is it all bad?!" I asked, as I got up, and put my makeup away. 

"Malfoy has been talking about you." Cedric quickly blurted out. 

I turned my head to him, and squinted my eyes.  

"That's not good news, Cedric." I huffed.  

"He doesn't know it's you." Cedric smirked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"He keeps talking about that party, and the girl he danced with all night.   He hasn't said your name, of course.  But, you danced with him all night." Cedric winked. 

"Gross," I rolled my eyes, "We were both drunk.   He couldn't even tell me my name! He thought I was new."

"Well, there were about a hundred people at that party... you don't think that one of them told him?" Cedric asked me. 

"No one dares to ruin his reputation by telling him that.  The thing about Malfoy, is he's a pure blood. He doesn't like the muggle borns, like myself.   He thinks I am the scum of the Wizarding world.  Mr. Daddy's Money would pay a million Galeon's to have someone throw me down a flight of stairs, if he knew I was seen within ten feet of him." I ranted. 

Cedric blinked slowly, as he thought of what to say next. 

"I think they are still serving lunch, you hungry?" Cedric changed the subject quickly.  

"Sure." I sighed loudly, as we exited my room.  

As we walked through the Gryffindor common room, there stood Dumbledore.  He was accompanied by Professor Snape, Fred Weasley, and Molly Weasley. 

This can't be good. 

"May we have a word, Ms. Stewart?" Dumbledore asked me. 

"Sure." I swallowed hard. 

"Cedric, would you be so kind as too wait outside?" Dumbledore asked him. 

Cedric answered with a simple nod, before leaving the Gryffindor common room.