7

...

"You are seriously going to a slytherin party?" Hermione asked me as I got ready. 

"I promised Cedric I would go with him." I replied. 

"You know who's gonna be there..." Hermione raised her eyebrows at me.  

I finished my makeup and put my black mask on, which covered the top half of my face.  

"No... I didn't think that he... was going to be.... at a party ... at his own house." I replied sarcastically.  

After all Draco is in most of my classes.  

I do sit next to him in some of them.

"Don't do anything stupid." Hermione said. 

"I've got to get going... bye, Hermione." I giggled, giving her a little wave. 

Cedric was waiting just outside of the Gryffindor house.  

"Is black your color?" Cedric asked, referring to yet another black dress that I was wearing.  

"It's 2nd in line, behind green. Green is my favorite." I smiled. 

"Too bad you're not slytherin, then." Cedric replied, as we walked through the silent halls.  

"I was supposed to be, but I begged the sorting hat for anything other than slytherin." I laughed. 

Cedric shook his head, and smiled.  

"Anyway, you're wearing black too.  Black shirt, black pants.... black mask." I argued.  

"Figured I would match you." Cedric chuckled, as we approached the slytherin house entrance.  

Goyle stood at the door, with his arms crossed over his chest.  

"Good evening, Goyle." I smiled at him. 

"Nice try, Stewart.  You ain't getting in. He can, but not you." Goyle growled at me. 

"She's with me." Cedric argued.  

"That doesn't mean anything." Goyle rolled his eyes.  

The door behind him creaked open slowly.

Draco peeked his head out. 

"What are you doing?" Draco hissed at him.  

"Guarding the door, like you said." Goyle replied. 

Goyle's demeanor changed from tough, to sheepish as he talked to Draco. 

"From teachers and prefects... not her.  I invited her." Draco scuffed at Goyle.  

Draco's eyes traveled up and down my body a few times, before he spoke again. 

"Come in, the party has just begun." Draco opened the door wide, letting Cedric and I into the slytherin house. 

The slytherin house was glowing green, with all the flashing lights.  

The party seemed much larger than the Hufflepuff party. 

People were everywhere. 

Nearly everyone had a mask on their face.

"Let's get drinks!" Draco yelled over the music to us. 

Draco extended his hand out in my direction. 

I looked up, and at his face. 

His dark green mask made his pale skin look as if it was glowing.

"Scared, Stewart?" Draco chuckled. 

I gave him a soft smile, as I took his hand. 

Draco lead Cedric and I through the crowd, to where the drinks were being served. 

Draco handed Cedric and I drinks, before pouring one for himself. 

"Thank you." I smiled, sipping my drink. 

I looked over at Cedric, his attention as focused on the other side of the room.  

Cho was there, talking with her friends. 

Cedric looked back at me quickly.  

"Go, I'll be alright." I assured him.  

I didn't him to feel tied down to me. 

After all, he was going to the ball with her.  

"You sure?" Cedric asked.  

I looked back at Draco quickly, who stood there smiling.   He seemed to be enjoying himself. 

"Yeah, I'll be alright.   I'll scream if I need help." I laughed.  

"I'll keep an eye on you." Cedric said, before he walked away. 

I turned back to Draco once more, his eyes continued to look at me.  

"I.. um..." he tried to form a sentence, while trying to yell over the loud music. 

"What?!" I yelled. 

"You ok to-" the music cut him off mid sentence. 

"Draco, I can't hear you!" I replied. 

Draco, who was now annoyed, rolled his eyes. 

He took me by the hand, and pulled me through the maze of people, and into a room.  

Draco sighed with relief, as he shut the door behind us.  

You could still hear the party slightly through the walls, but at least you could talk at a normal volume. 

"Much better." Draco smiled.  

"Is this your room?" I asked him. 

It was truly an amazing room.  

Dark hardwood floors, expensive dresser and bed.  

Every item in his room looked expensive, yet pleasing to look at.  

"Yeah, all mine," Draco walked over, and sat on his bed, "uneven slytherin.  I get this room all to myself."

My eyes continued to scan the room, taking in everything that I saw. 

"You gonna sit down?" Draco chuckled, as he patted the bed next to him.  

I took a large gulp from my drink, before I sat down.  

We both stared at the wall in front of us, as we sat in awkward silence. 

My chest seemed to jump into my throat, as the tension built. 

"Glad...um... glad you came." Draco spoke softly.  

"Glad you're not piss drunk yet." I let out a soft chuckle.  

"Yeah, I was pretty blasted at the last one." Draco laughed, running his hands through his hair. 

"Don't worry, I got to the same level pretty quickly." I smiled. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't even recognize you last time." Draco apologized, as he took his mask from his face.  

"It was.... kind of nice.   You were rather charming, when you don't know who I am." I sighed. 

"I'm trying to redeem myself, is it working?" Draco asked, nudging me with his elbow. 

I turned to look at Draco, who had a cheesy smile plastered on his face. 

I took my mask off, as gave him a small smile. 

"Perhaps, but perhaps we're both tipsy already." I laughed.  

"It was worth a try." Draco shrugged, as he took a long drink from his cup.  

"How did you know it was me?" I asked him, as I too took a long drink as well. 

Draco blinked slowly, as he looked directly at me. 

"Those damn eyes, darling."