14

I marched through the halls, pushing past anyone that got in my way.

"You can practically see the steam coming out of your ears." Cedric chuckled, he seemed to appear next to me.

I was walking to my last class of the day.

I had ended up skipping all the other ones, I sat in the bathroom most of the day.

I figured I better at least show up to the last class of the day.

"Good." I huffed.

"What's go you all fired up?" Cedric asked me.

"It's a long story." I quickly replied.

"I'd like to hear it. Herbology won't miss us for one class." Cedric smirked.

In reality, I didn't even want to go to any classes today.

I was over it.

"Alright, where we going." I caved in, it didn't take me.

"Brilliant, follow me." Cedric smiled.

I followed Cedric, through the hallways, and up several flights of stairs.

We sat alone in an empty corridor.

It was nice.

Quiet.

"So, what's got you all fired up?" Cedric asked me again.

"Nothing." I replied.

That was a lie.

Draco.

Even the thought of his name burned anger through my body.

Cedric shot me a look.

I exhaled deeply.

"You talked to Draco, I assume..." Cedric asked me.

"Yeah, I did. He bought the dress. I don't know why. He won't take it back either." I scuffed.

"So.... this is a bad thing?" Cedric looked confused.

"Yes, it is a bad thing." I shook my head.

Confusion only grew on Cedric's face.

"Let me explain it to you," I ran my hands through my hair,"Draco Malloy, is a spoiled, cruel human. He doesn't care about me, or anyone else. He is nothing but a horrible person to me. But, all of a sudden... he's spending thousands of galleons on me.... on a dress I'll probably where once. Draco is all of a sudden tolerable, and sitting by me during class, spending time with me outside of school."

Cedric, listened closely as I spoke.

He scratched the back of his neck, as he thought about what he was going to say next.

"So, him being nice to you... is a bad thing?" Cedric replied slowly.

"Yes, because this isn't the real Draco. This is some face personality that he's brought out. Probably setting me up for some huge way to make fun of me or embarrass me." I shook my head.

It would be something that Draco would do.

Figure out a way to humiliate me in front of the whole school, probably at the ball.

"Maybe he's had a change of heart. A few nights ago, I did have a long talk with him." Cedric tried to reassure me.

"He's only being nice because you told him too." I scuffed.

"Maybe, you should just let him be nice. See what happens, if all else fails... you can punch him in the face again." Cedric joked, which did seem to lighten my mood a bit.

"Yeah, and let my guard down... no way." I laughed.

...

After classes officially ended for the day, Cedric gathered books and other material.

He wanted to figure out what this second task was about... sooner, better than later.

Cedric and I sat In the court yard, next to the building.

We talked and looked through the pages until it was nearly dark.

A light rain drizzled from the sky.

"Mermaids, that's the voices from the egg." Cedric groaned.

"There are Mermaids in the black lake." I replied simply.

Cedric's eyes scanned the pages, as he nervously thought.

"Sounds about right. I was talking with Victor. From what he told me, we've gotta do something in that lake for like an hour, A fucking hour!" Cedric slammed his book shut with frustration.

"Easier said than done, I guess." I sighed.

"When have you ever held your breath for an hour?" Cedric sarcastically asked.

"I've never held my breath for that long, I have used the bubble charm." I chuckled.

Cedric became quite serious, very quickly.

"The... what?" Cedric eagerly asked.

"The Bubble-Head Charm. It puts a large bubble of air around your nose, and mouth. It can last for what seems like forever, as long as the bubble remains unbroken. Sanuspirantes, is the charm for it." I simply stated.

"You know, you're a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for." Cedric nudged my shoulder, and gave me a congratulating smile.

Cedric's words did make me feel better about myself.

Well, until we saw Draco Malfoy.

He was walking at a quick pace right in our direction.

He ran through the court yard, through the rain.

Cedric and I, didn't even have time to think about running away.

"Hello, Draco." Cedric greeted him warmly.

"Hey, Cedric!" Draco smiled at him, "I'm sorry to break up your lovely conversation, but I do however need to speak to her."

I looked at Cedric, who looked at me.

Don't. You. Dare.

"I think it's about time to take a bath." Cedric winked at me, as he looked at his invisible watch on his wrist.

He. Did. Not.

"See you around." Cedric smiled, before getting up, and walking back into the castle.

So there stood Draco and I.

We stared into each other's eyes, for a few moments, as the rain continued to pour around us.

"Where were you today?" Draco asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Around, why does it matter?" I scuffed.

Really, why did it matter to him?

"You weren't in class today. After our little chat today, I think I may have upset you." Draco said, sitting down next to me.

The cold fall rain had me chilled to the bone.

As soon as Draco sat next to me, I could feel the warmth of his body radiating.

"Yeah, you did." I picked at my fingertips , as I talked.

Why was Draco making me so nervous?