28

I wondered around the halls silently crying, trying to keep myself from having a panic attack.

Trying to keep myself pulled together, and not losing my shit... was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

I was still trying to wrap my head around what had just happened.

I just couldn't believe that Draco had said all those things.

Would it have been any different if they did see me?

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be in class?" Professor McGonagall stopped me.

"Walking." I simply replied. 

"Are you alright, dear?" McGonagall spoke in a much softer tone this time. 

"Yeah... I... um... just don't feel good." I mumbled out.

McGonagall gave me a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. 

"I see by your puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks, it's not a matter that the hospital wing could assist. Now, why don't you go to the prefects bathroom.  Go sit in the bubble bath for a while, it will help." She smiled kindly.  

"What about the rest of my classes?"

"I'll tell them you won't be in for the rest of the day.  Now go, before I change my mind." She shooed me away. 

I went on my way to the girls lavatory, which was empty... per usual.  

I started the bath, putting lots of bubbles in it, before throwing my hair up and undressing.  

McGonagall was right, sitting in the hot tub of water did help. 

"Can I join?" Myrtle asked, as she floated over from her stall. 

"Be my guest." I replied. 

Myrtle floated down into the water. 

"Why are you sitting so low?" She questioned. 

The water came up to my armpits.  

"Cuz, I'm naked." I chuckled. 

Myrtle then moved about a foot farther away from me.  

"Myrtle? Can I ask you a question? You can totally tell me to fuck off if you don't want to answer." I smiled at her. 

Myrtle gave me a shrug. 

"Sure."

"How old are you?" I simply asked. 

"14.  Well, 14 when I died... I'm not really sure what year it is.  When you're dead, you sort of...  lose track of time." She replied. 

"I'm 14 too.  It's 1994, so....." I said doing the math in my head," that would make you 51."

Myrtle gave me a large smile. 

"I guess I'm an old woman."

I let out a laugh. 

Myrtle and I talked for hours.   The more we talked, the better I felt.  Though Malfoy was still in the back of my mind, talking to Myrtle sort of made me forget all the bad things that were going on. 

"I've noticed that we've got a lot of things in common, Myrtle." I said refilling the bubbles in the tub. 

"Yeah, except the part that you're not dead." Myrtle joked.  

"Not yet at least," I chuckled, "we're alive a short time, but dead forever."

"Though, I don't wish death on you.  I think you're nice.  When people come in here, they don't talk to me like you do.  If they do... they call me moaning Myrtle.   You just call me Myrtle.  It's like being with a friend." Myrtle spoke sincerely. 

"You are my friend, Myrtle." I reassured her.  

That's when a knock sounded at the door. 

"What?!" I yelled out. 

"Can I come in?!" I could tell it was Cedric by his voice. 

"Only if you're alone." I yelled back. 

Cedric quickly entered, shutting the door behind him.  

"Found these for you." Cedric set my books on the floor next to the tub. 

"Well, I better be going." Myrtle said, before floating up and back to her stall. 

"You know," Cedric sat at the edge of the tub, "Draco was frantically looking for you at lunch to day.  He still has been, ever since."

"Good for him." I scuffed.  

Even the thought of his name made my stomach flip.  

"What happened? You haven't been in class all day." Cedric asked. 

I let out a sigh. 

"I heard Malfoy talking to Goyle.   He said some bad things about me, he didn't know I was around but still...." I  trailed off. 

"I sense that by you calling him Malfoy, that it wasn't Goyle doing the talking."

"Right. Malfoy said that I made him dance with him at the ball.  And that he wouldn't willingly be seen with a skint like me.  Called me a bigger too." I could feel my throat get tight again. 

"What a slag he is." Cedric replied. 

"Yeah, well before that... we were supposed to get butter beers for lunch.  I stood him up after I heard that." I shrugged. 

I didn't know what else to do.  

"How long have you been in here?" Cedric asked me. 

"Mhm... I'm not sure.  I think I came in here just before lunch." I thought. 

"Oh my gosh! You've been in here for hours!" Cedric gasped, "it's about 3:30 in the afternoon."

"Shit! Really? I'm probably wrinkled like a raisin. I'm hungry anyways, I haven't eaten anything all day." I replied. 

"We can get something from the dining hall." Cedric replied. 

"You've gotta step out of the bathroom first, cause I'm naked." I laughed. 

"Mhmmm all the more reason to stay," Cedric joked, "I'm just kidding.   Hurry up though, I'm hungry too."

Cedric stepped out of the bathroom. 

I quickly got changed and emptied the tub, before picking up my books and meeting Cedric in the hall.  

Cedric and I filled our plates, as we sat down to eat.  

"Man, I'm fucking starving." I said practically inhaling my food.

Cedric smiled at me, but his smile quickly faded, as his eyes drifted behind me.  

"Draco's coming this way." Cedric spoke in a serious tone.  

"Shit, let's go." I quickly stood up. 

Cedric and I pushed past people, as we made our way out of the dining hall at almost a run.  

We both turned our heads back, as we made it out and down the hallway.  

Only to see, that Draco Malfoy had followed us.