9

...

"Stewart." Draco spat, as I sat next to him in class. 

"Malfoy." I spat back. 

We were to continue reading and developing our basic knowledge of herbology with our partners today. 

"So, what are your plans for after class?" He quickly asked. 

"Diagon Alley.  Going to look at drssses." I replied as my eyes scanned the page.

"Ooooh is someone thinking they are gonna get a date to the ball?" Draco mockingly laughed. 

He was back to being normal, dick-head Draco

I don't understand how he can flip that switch so easily. 

"I just like dresses." I hissed back at him. 

"Good for you." Draco replied. 

"Maybe you should go look at dresses, Malfoy.   I think you would look great in one." I laughed. 

My comment seemed to anger Draco. 

The kind of anger that made him wrinkle his forehead, and glare at me through his eyebrows. 

"I would look better in one, than you." Draco huffed back. 

"I'm sure you would," a smirk appeared across my lips as I leaned in close to Draco, "you and your slutty little waist. "

Draco swallowed hard, as his face turned 50 shades of red. 

Draco slumped down into his chair, as he couldn't come up with a comment to fire back at me.  

Draco breathed heavily, as my words rang through his head.... over, and over, and over again. 

He remained silent for the remainder of the class. 

...

"It's beautiful!" I gasped, as my eyes looked at the beautiful dress behind the glass case. 

It was a dark emerald green ball gown dress.  It had off the shoulder sleeves, and sparkled head to toe. 

"I still think you would look better in red." Fred whispered. 

"Asshole." I chuckled at him. 

It truly was my dream dress. 

It was perfect. 

It was even my size. 

I bent over and looked at the small plaque in the corner. 

It read 6,000 galleons.

"Nevermind." I discouraged, as I took a few steps away.  

Fred stepped up, and took a look at the price. 

"Merlins beard!" He gasped. 

"Yeah, they want an arm and a leg for it." I sighed.  

"Well, the ball isn't for a couple months... if we save up a bit.  I can pitch in my-" Fred began to speak. 

"No, Freddy.   You're not going to spend your savings on it." I told him. 

He and George were saving up to open their very own shop in Diagon Alley when they graduated.  It was their dream.  

I would feel even more guilty if Fred did spend money, especially after kissing Draco. 

I didn't want him to throw his money away on a dress that I was only going to wear once.  

Since I was muggle born, I didn't have very much money saved up to begin with. 

"Besides, I don't really like it anyway." I lied.  

I didn't want Fred to feel bad. 

"What about the red one? I think you would look better in it, anyway." Fred pointed over to the red dress in the corner. 

It wasn't my style. 

"Um, I don't know.   I would have to think on it." I told him. 

...

"Any luck?" Cedric asked, as we sat on the steps of a stair well. 

It was dark out, the hallways were empty. 

It was almost time to head back to our rooms for the night. 

"No, I saw this beautiful green dress.  Oh Cedric, it was something you would see in your dreams.   I would never be able to afford it." I sighed. 

"Someone sad their 20 galleons couldn't buy a pebble off the ground?" Draco chuckled as he approached us. 

What was he even doing out this late?

"Come on, Cedric.  Let's go to bed." I stood up.

I wasn't even going to give Draco the time of day. 

Cedric stood up as well, and we began walking away. 

"The green would match perfectly with that bruised face you've always got!" Draco yelled. 

I stopped in my tracks, spinning back around in Draco's direction. 

"No, but it's gonna match yours!" I yelled, pulling my fist back, and punching Draco across the face. 

Draco fell to the ground, as he held his left eye.  

I can't believe I just did that. 

I leaned over the top of Draco, looking down at him. 

"I hope daddy's money can fix your face." I spat at him, before walking away.  

I was so angry and upset, it made my throat tight. 

I didn't know whether to scream or cry. 

I walked the halls, trying to cool off before I went to bed. 

I found myself sitting at the top of the astronomy tower, dangling my feet off the edge.  

The crisp fall air felt nice.  

The night was clear, you could see every star in the sky. 

Why did Draco have to be a dick?

He could be real sweet, then turn into an asshole within a matter of minutes.  

Maybe because he was good looking, and he knew it.  

"You're not an easy girl to find." A voice rang out from behind me, interrupting my thoughts. 

I turned to see Draco standing behind me.  

I didn't even hear him come in.  

He walked over, and sat down next to me.  

Draco sat down awfully close. 

"What do you want?" I scuffed.

"You know, you do have quite the arm." Draco said. 

I turned an looked at him, he had a black eye forming.