5

"It has come to my attention that with the events that have happened over the summer, you have been living with the Weasley's?" Dumbledore asked me. 

"That is correct." I replied. 

"Fred Weasley had come to my office, to talk to me about what he saw on your face.  From there, we had contacted Molly Weasley, along with the Ministry of Magic. " Dumbledore spoke.  

"I don't see out of the ordinary with her face." Snape chimed in.  

Mrs Weasley took her wand out, and with a simple flick, the makeup from my face disappeared.  

"Snape," Dumbledore turned towards him, "you have been dismissed from our meeting.   You my leave the Gryffindor common room."

Snape turned quickly, and left the room.  

"My dear, are you alright?" Molly ran up to me.  

"I'm ok, just a little shooken up." I replied. 

"Now, after speaking with Molly and the Ministry of Magic, we have concluded that you will reside with the Weasley's from this day forward. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with me directly.   You are dismissed." Dumbledore announced, before leaving the room. 

I let out a breath of relief. 

"My dear, I'm sorry this has happened.  It will happen no more!" Molly hugged me tight.  

"How did you get here so fast?" I hugged her back. 

"I always do for my children, but I have things to take care of at the burrow! I must be going.  Do let me know if Ron gets the package I sent last night!" Molly smiled before leaving.  

"Let's get you something to eat, darling?" Fred winked at me. 

I ran up and hugged him.  

"Thank you, Freddy! How can I ever repay you?" I asked him, as my arms wrapped around him tightly. 

"Mhmmm, I'll think of something." He chuckled. 

We quickly walked out of the common room, there stood Cedric waiting for us.  

The three of us, began our walk to the great hall.  

"Are you going to the Yule Ball?" Cedric asked me. 

"Is this you're way of asking me?" I jokingly asked.  

"No, well... maybe.... I don't know.   I'm just curious." Cedric laughed. 

"I thought you had a crush on Cho?" Fred chimed in.  

"Ohhhhhh, Cedric." I teased him. 

Cedric rolled his eyes, and smiled.  

That smile told me that he did  have a crush on Cho.  

"Now Cedric," I stopped before we entered the great hall, "don't feel obligated to ask me because I'm your friend.   If you like her than ask her.   I'm not gonna be hurt by it.  Besides, going with her might start something between you too."

I gave Cedric a reassuring smile.  

"You promise you won't be mad?" Cedric asked me. 

"No, I won't.   Well, if you do go with her... you have to save me at least one dance." I smiled. 

"Deal." Cedric replied. 

"Now, go ask her... before someone else does!" I ordered him. 

"I'll let you know now it goes!" Cedric yelled as he ran off. 

Fred and I entered the great hall, and quickly took our seats by George, Ron, Hermione, and Harry. 

They all tried asking what happened to my face, but that was quickly interrupted by Ron receiving his package. 

The package happened to be one of the ugliest dress robes I had ever seen. 

As they opened the package and examined it, I filled my place, and ate. 

Man, was I starving. 

"How am I supposed to ask someone to this Ball, if I have to wear this?!" Ron groaned.  

"Asking someone is easy! The trick is asking quickly, otherwise all the good ones get taken." George smiled.  

"Oh yeah, if it's so easy... then show me how it's done." Ron huffed, as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"I've already got a date, mate." George smiled.  

"Then you show me how it's done, Fred." Ron spoke. 

That's when a wadded up piece of parchment hit the side of my head, interrupting my eating.  

I looked up from my plate, and glared at Fred. 

"Hey, Courtney?" Fred smiled from ear to ear. 

"What?" I groaned, rolling my eyes.  

"Do you... want to go... to the ball... with... me?" Fred acted out his words with his hands as he spoke them. 

I gave Fred a weird look, as he stared at me, waiting for my reply.  

That's when I saw Ron's face out of the the corner of my eye. 

His face had did he really think that was gonna work.... written all over it.

I couldn't let Ron think that he was gonna win the argument over Fred.  

I large smile quickly grew over my lips. 

"Sure, Freddy.   I'll go to the ball with you." I smiled.  

"Wicked!" Fred excitedly replied. 

Ron's jaw dropped.  

"Got to go, lots of planning to do.  Good luck, Ron." Fred winked at me, as he got up from his seat.   He ruffled Ron's hair, as he skipped merrily out of the Great Hall. 

Ron turned his attention toward Hermione, who was reading. 

"Hermione, you're a girl right... well, how would you like-" Ron was quickly cut off by Hermione slamming her book. 

"No." She growled. 

"Well, don't you think it's sad for a girl to go all alone?" Ron asked her.  

"I won't be going alone, because someone has already asked me!" She yelled at Ron. 

She got up, and stomped away. 

"Way to go, Ron!  Why do you always gotta piss her off?!" I scolded him. 

I threw my silver wear down at the table, before getting up and following Hermione.