10

"From my understanding, it was well deserved." Draco spoke again. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I quickly asked.  

Draco turned, and looked off into the distance. 

"I had quite the chat with Cedric." Draco stopped for a moment and looked at me, but only for a second. 

"I didn't know, I'm sorry that has happened to you." Draco spoke again. 

His eyes were filled with remorse. 

"Don't take pity on me.   The last thing I want is for people to feel sorry for me. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I sighed.  

Draco thought for a moment.  

"You know, I've never really been up here." Draco smiled slightly, as he looked up at the sky. 

"I come up here often, it's quite peaceful." I smiled back.  

Draco moved a bit closer to me. 

He sat so close, our legs touched. 

"Why here?" Draco asked. 

"I like to look at the sky.   The stars and moon, they are my favorite." I replied. 

"They are just... little lights in the sky.  They don't really mean much." Draco shrugged.  

"There are hundreds of constellations.  Like Draco, that one right there." I pointed at the constellation in the sky.  

"Draco? No, no, I'm Draco.   That's a clump of dots. I think you're confused, darling. " Draco chuckled. 

"Draco means dragon.   That's what the constellation is, a dragon. " I looked at him, and smiled.  

He studied the constellation for a moment, taking it in.  

Draco shook his head, and turned to me. 

"Darling, that's not a dragon at all." Draco laughed, "that looks like a square with a string attached to it."

I rolled my eyes and laughed.  

"I think you're making this all up. They are just a bunch of dots, I don't get it." Draco replied. 

"I don't know, I just like them.  They're pretty." I looked at the sky.  

They all seemed the shine brighter than they ever have before.  

"I guess I better fly up there on my broom, and bring one down for you." Draco whispered to me, as he wrapped an arm around my waist.  

"Yeah, a star of my own. I'd put it on a necklace and wear it like a pearl around my neck." I joked.  

Draco was so different when we were alone. 

Draco was kind. 

He seemed soft, in the way way he looked and spoke, when it was just us.

Draco's kind eyes looked at me, as a soft smile grew on his lips. 

Draco gave me a slight squeeze with his arm. 

His touch was so soothing. 

"I'm sorry for kissing you..." Draco whispered. 

I turned my head, and looked him directly into his eyes. 

"You're sorry?" I questioned.  

"Well, I'm not sorry.... I just... I don't know...." Draco trailed off. 

"You didn't like kissing me?" I asked. 

Draco's cheeks turned pink, as he stumbled over his words. 

"I don't mean to make you worse, I'm just confused I guess." I explained myself. 

"No, I did like it.  It was very good.   I guess I'm confused as well, I don't have an explanation why I kissed you.  Something told me to do it.  I just felt right in the moment.  I don't even know why I'm talking about it." Draco rambled on. 

Draco was cute when he was nervous, and rambling. 

"It doesn't need an explanation.  What is this something telling you now?" I reassured him. 

"I think it's best if I showed you." Draco's smile grew, as he leaned in and kissed me. 

Draco's lips were soft, and warm. 

He kissed slowly, as our lips moved in perfect rhythm. 

We both slowly broke away from each other. 

"Mhm, you taste so sweet.  Your lips are addictive." Draco softly moaned. 

His breath danced across the skin of my neck. 

"I didn't know you were a poet." I joked.  

"Shut up, Stewart." Draco smiled, leaning back a bit. 

"We should probably go back, it's getting late." I smiled. 

"Ughh," Draco groaned, "always kissing and running."

He stood up, and extended an arm out. 

I gladly took his hand, and Draco helped me to my feet. 

"Your hands are ice cold." Draco took both of my hands into his, holding them tightly.  

"I guess I should have brought a blanket." I rolled my eyes.  

"Come on, I'll walk you home." Draco wrapped his arm around my waist. 

Draco led me through the dark, quiet halls of the castle, and to the entrance of the Gryffindor common room. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Draco asked. 

"Maybe." I smiled. 

"Are you going to the first event?" He asked. 

"Of what?" I questioned. 

"The triwizard tournament, tomorrow is the first event.   They are to fight dragons, or something like that." Draco whispered. 

"Shit, that's tomorrow?!" I gasped. 

"Don't stress, try to get some rest." Draco smiled.  

He leaned in, kissing my forehead softly, before walking away into the darkness.