one

01. The Return

Lily Forbes sat in her car and took deep breaths, she wasn't prepared to come home yet, but she knew she had to, for her mother. After leaving Mystic Falls two years ago, Lily had gone through a lot, she learned a lot about herself and what she was, she learned how to be fight, she learned how to be stronger, what she didn't learn was how to let go of the past, maybe that's why coming back to Mystic Falls was so hard for, because even two years later, Lily couldn't let go of the past, couldn't let go of the fact that she had the blood of an innocent person on her hands.

"Come on Lily, you can do this" Lily whispered to herself, "This is your home, she is your mom, and Caroline is your sister, your judgey and a bit mean sister, but nonetheless, she is your sister, you can face them", Lily closed her eyes and took another deep breath, when she opened her eyes again she felt much calmer, she placed her hand on the door handle, all ready to get out of the car, but before she could, her phone started ringing.

Mommy Sheriff calling. . .

"I know I promised I would be home two hours ago, but there was a lot of traffic" Lily said, answering her phone, "But don't worry, I'm finally home, I  just pulled up at the house, are you--".

"I'm at the hospital" Liz interrupted her daughter, tears spilling down her face.

"Hospital?" A worried Lily asked, "Why are you at the hospital mom, are you okay?".

"I'm okay" Liz assured, "But Caroline's not, she got into a really bad car accident Lily".

"Mom, stop crying" Lily said, "I'm on my way".

After hanging up on Liz, Lily quickly switched her car engine back on and drove as quickly and safely as she could to the hospital, praying nothing happens to her sister.

***

A worried Lily ran into Mystic Falls Hospital, frantically looking around for her mother but she found her no where, but she did end up seeing Matt Donovan, who according to her mother was now dating her sister, and Bonnie Bennett, her sister's best friend.

"Matt!" Lily yelled, gaining the attention of the duo, who were both shocked seeing the youngest Forbes after two years.

"Lily?" Matt asked, looking at Lily in awe, she had changed a lot since he had last seen her.

"Where's Caroline?" Lily asked, "Is she okay?".

Matt sighed and shook his head, "She's not good, Lily".

"What the hell happened?" Lily asked, "How did Caroline did get into a car accident?".

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got--".

"A noise?" Bonnie asked shocked, making Lily look at her in suspicion, wondering why she looked so shocked with this information.

"He got, like, this migraine or something, and he lost control of the car and I--I thought that Caroline was fine, and then--and then she wasn't, so".

"I have to find my mom" Lily whispered, tears welling in her eyes, "Do you know where my mom is?".

Matt nodded, "She's at the reception, filling out some forms".