seventeen

17. The Last Dance

"Hello, class" Klaus, in Alaric's body greeted, entering the class Alaric taught where Stefan, Bonnie and Elena were also present, "What are we learning today?".

"With the decade dance, we've been covering the 60s all week".

"Right, the 60s" Klaus said, just as his eyes landed on Elena, causing a small smirk to form on his face, he then turned around and started writing on the blackboard, "The 60s, I wish there was something good I could say about the 60s, but, actually they kind of sucked, except for the Beatles, of course they made it bearable, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, we walked on the moon, there was Watergate".

"Actually" Lily said, walking into the classroom, "Watergate was the 70s, you might want to go and refresh your brain, Mr. Saltzman".

Klaus didn't miss the taunt in Lily's voice when she called him Mr. Saltzman, when jumping into Alaric's body, Klaus knew a huge risk was Lily finding out about him through her dreams, and from the way she was looking at him, confirmed Klaus's doubt, but instead of being angry that his planned failed, a smirk formed on Klaus's face, both him and Lily looked at each other with a challenging look on their faces, both of them wondering what the others move was going to be now.

"May I take a seat?" Lily asked after a moment.

"Please" Klaus said, gesturing towards the seats.

Lily took her seat, which happened to be next to Stefan, who was confused seeing the serious look on Lily's face, something he doesn't see often.

"What's wrong?" Stefan mouthed to Lily.

Lily looked at Stefan, then at Klaus, who was looking at her, wondering if she was going to tell Stefan about him, Lily sighed and looked at Stefan, "Nothing" she lied.

Lily knows she should tell Stefan about Klaus being here in Mystic Falls, but before outing Klaus to everyone, Lily needed to talk to Klaus about her dreams, she needed answers which she knew would be impossible to get if everyone knew about Klaus, so for now, Lily was going to keep Klaus's secret, and the look on Klaus's face let her knew that he knew that as well.

***

After class, Lily was at her locker, putting her books in when Dana, a girl from her history class, walked over to with a rose and note in her hand.

"Lily, these are for you" Dana said.

A confused Lily took the rose and note from Dana's hand, "Whose this from?".

"Read the note, I have to go find Elena" Dana simply said, before walking away to go find Elena.

"Why are people in this town so weird?" Lily mumbled, shaking her head at Dana, she then looked at the note in her hand, looking at it she saw her name written in cursive, she then turned the note around and realised who sent this rose to her.

Save me the last dance
- Nik

Lily then looked at the rose in her hand, and a small smile formed on her face.

"The villain is a charmer" She whispered, placing the rose and note carefully into her locker.

***