ten

10. The Sacrifice

Lily, who was fast asleep in her bed, suddenly woke up when she heard something fall in the living room, being a lighter sleeper, the noise immediately woke her up.

A confused Lily slowly got out of bed, opening her bedroom door she took small and steady towards the living room, not wanting to alert the intruder, entering the room she saw a vase on the floor but looking around she found no one in the room.

Unknown to her, while she was checking the living room, Jonas Martin, a warlock working with Elijah, had sneaked into her room and was currently grabbing some of her jewelry and her hair from her hairbrush.

Lily, who was still in the living room, suddenly heard a noise coming from her bedroom.

"Am I going crazy?" Lily wondered, going back into her room.

Entering her room, she once again started looking around but found no one,

Lily shook her head, "Definitely going crazy" she whispered, getting back into bed, unaware that the intruder had cloaked himself behind her door and once Lily had gone to bed, he successfully sneaked out.

***

At school, Lily walked over to Tyler who was busy playing basketball.

"So, it's your first moon soon, how you celebrating it" Lily teased, placing her bag on the floor.

"Not funny" Tyler said, throwing Lily the basketball.

"I know it's not funny, that's just how I deal with awkward situations" Lily said, bouncing the ball up and down, "But just tell me something, have you thought about what you're going to do?".

"I have a plan" Tyler informed.

"Spill" Lily demanded, throwing the basketball into the hoop.

"Kind of private" Tyler said.

"Since when do we keep secrets?" Lily asked, "Look Tyler, you need to know you're not alone in this, I'm going to turn as well, and trust me when I say this, you're going to need someone by your side during this".

Tyler looked at Lily for a moment, then nodded his head, accepting Lily's support.

***

After school, Lily and Tyler met up with Caroline, who insisted she was also going to help and the three friends then proceeded to go check out the old Lockwood cellar where Lily was supposed to transform but couldn't.

"Matt's bumming pretty hard" Tyler told Caroline.

"I know" Caroline said, "It's better this way".

"I get" Tyler assured.

"You do?" Caroline asked, not expecting Tyler to understand her.

"Yeah, you can't be honest with him, and it's not really fair to be with someone, and not really let them know who you are" Tyler said, "I get it".

Lily, who was walking infront of Caroline and Tyler, shook her head at Tyler's words, the tone in his voice was a tone Lily had heard many times, once upon a time that tone was even directed towards her, but that was when they were in preschool, it was the tone that showed Tyler was catching feelings.