seven

07. Masquerade

After getting ready for the Lockwood's masquerade party, Caroline entered her sister's room, to see her busy doing her hair, her make up all done, and her dress laying on her bed.

"Hey" Caroline greeted.

"Look who finally showed me her face today" Lily teased.

"Sorry" Caroline apologised, grabbing the curling wand from Lily's hand and doing the rest of her hair, "It's been a hectic day".

"Do I even want to know?" Lily asked.

"Damon and Stefan are planning to kill Katherine at the masquerade ball tonight" Caroline informed, though Damon had warned her not to tell Lily anything, she couldn't keep this from her.

"Katherine?" Lily asked, "As in Elena's doppelganger who threatened you?".

"That's the one" Caroline confirmed.

Lily shrugged, "Sucks for her then" she said, not really caring what happened to this Katherine person, someone she had never met or ever knew.

"Just be careful tonight, okay?" Caroline said, "Please Lily, for me, stay out of trouble".

"Relax Caroline, I'm going to this ball to enjoy myself not to get into any trouble" Lily assured.

"Good, because I already have too much to worry about, I don't want to worry about you as well" Caroline said.

"Yes, mother" Lily teased, "Now can you fix my make up, I think I did something wrong".

Caroline shook her head at her sister and after finishing her hair, proceeding to help Lily with her make up and dress.

***

^ Lily's look for the masquerade ball ^

After arriving at the masquerade ball together, both Lily and Caroline split up, with Caroline gone to help the Salvatore's in their plan and Lily over to Tyler.

"So Mason's really gone?" Lily asked Tyler, as they stood to the side together.

"Yeap" Tyler replied, "And my mom thinks we won't hear from him anytime soon".

Lily sighed, "Ty, before leaving did Mason tell you anything about my biological parents?".

"Your biological parents?" a confused Tyler asked.