six

06. Smells Like Teen Spirit

Lily stared at her ceiling, a blank look on her face, she had no desire to get out of bed and go to school but she knew her mother will not be happy about that, she had already received a huge lecture from her about skipping town without telling her, she was in no mood to hear another one, so despite feeling extremely low, Lily sat up in her bed, and after removing the duvet from her, she stood up and walked into the bathroom, ready to tackle another day in Mystic Falls.

Lily put her hands on her sink and stared at herself in the mirror, "I'm okay" she whispered to herself, "You're back home, you're with your family, you're okay".

Lily took deep breaths, she then turned the tap on and splashed cold water on her face, she then grabbed her towel from the towel rank and while drying her face walked out the bathroom and walked over to her side table where her phone was placed, grabbing it she realised it was 6am, Lily then realised that she had a text from certain hybrid.

Just wanted to let you know that I have landed in Portland.
Lots of werewolves here to turn into hybrids.
- Klaus

While reading the text, Lily sat on her bed and realised the pain she was feeling in her heart since she woke up, started to reduce seeing the message from Klaus, she didn't want to believe it but seemed like despite everything that happened last night, Lily missed the company of the original hybrid.

Lily quickly stood up from her bed and threw her phone on the bed, "No" she said, pacing back and forth, "You don't miss him Lily, you don't need him", Lily looked at herself through the mirror hanging above her vanity, "You don't need anymore, and no one needs you".

***

Lily came out of her the bathroom, all ready for her first day of school when suddenly her phone started ringing, grabbing it, she rolled her eyes seeing Rebekah calling her.

"Hel--".

"He left me here!" Rebekah yelled into the phone, immediately causing a shocked Lily to remove the phone from her ear, "My brother actually left me here and gone god knows where".

"Portland" Lily informed, putting her phone on speaker and then placing it on her bed while she rushed around the room, gathering her things for school, "Your brother's in Portland".

"How do you know?" a confused Rebekah asked.

"He texted me" Lily informed, putting her books in her bag.

"Of course he did" Rebekah mumbled, "Anyways, forget about my brother, you tell me what color is your clothes?".

"Why?" a confused Lily asked.

"So we can match" Rebekah replied.

"Yeah, no" Lily said.

"Why not?" Rebekah asked.

"Because I don't match" Lily replied.

"Today you do" Rebekah stated.

"Rebekah, if I match with you my sister will kill me because I always refuse to match with her" Lily said.