nineteen

19. The Last Day

Lily, who was still at Alaric's apartment, walked over to the kitchen counter and picked the moonstone up and looked at it.

"So, how exactly does this curse break?" Lily asked Klaus, while still looking at the moonstone.

"It's quiet simple really" Klaus replied, walking behind Lily, "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone", Klaus walked closer to Lily and took the moonstone from her hand, while unintentionally trapping her between the counter and himself.

"Then?" Lily asked, turning around and facing Klaus, suddenly realising how close he was standing to her.

"After that, since I am both a vampire and a werewolf, I will have to sacrifice one of each" Klaus informed, "And then finally comes in the doppelganger, whose blood I must drink before my curse is fully broken".

"Have you gotten a werewolf and vampire?" Lily asked curiously.

"I do" Klaus replied, "But I'm going to kidnap your sister and best friend to throw everyone off the actual werewolf and vampire I'm going to be sacrificing".

"I'm sorry what?!" a shocked Lily asked, "You're kidnapping who now?".

"Relax love, neither one of them will be hurt, they are just a hoax to keep the Salvatore brothers away from my real sacrifices" Klaus assured.

"I'm trusting you, Klaus" Lily reminded, "Don't make me regret this, I don't mind Caroline and Tyler being a hoax, but I mind them getting hurt".

"I assure you that neither one of them will get hurt" Klaus promised.

"Good" Lily said, "Now are you going to step back or not?".

A smirk formed on Klaus's face, "I don't know, I like it here".

"Klaus" Lily warned.

"Lily" Klaus teased.

Lily shook her head at the original infront of her, she then put her hands on his chest and gave him a light push, "I know your like old old, but surely you know the concept of personal space".

"I'm not that old" Klaus defended.

"Sure Klaus, whatever you say" Lily teased, patting Klaus's shoulder, making glare at her playfully.

***

Klaus walked over to the Damon and Alaric who were sitting at the bar in Mystic Grill.

"Gentleman" Klaus greeted, "Why so glum?".

Damon looked at Klaus then groaned in annoyance, "Klaus, I presume".

"In the flesh" Klaus confirmed, he looked at Alaric, "Thanks for the loaner, mate".

Damon stood up from his seat, "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" he asked.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger" Klaus replied, "Just thought I'd remind you not to do anything you'll regret".