three

03. The End Of The Affair

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan" Klaus said, as one by one he, Stefan and Lily stepped out of the car, Lily still exhausted from her transformation the night before.

"What are we doing here?" a confused Stefan asked, as Klaus opened the door to the warehouse they were in and allowed Stefan and Lily to look out at the city lights.

"I know how much you loved it here" Klaus replied, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?".

"Blacked out most of them" Stefan informed, "Lot of blood, lot of partying, the details are all blur".

"Well, that is a crying shame" Klaus said, "The details are what makes it legend, Chicago was magical".

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it, like I said, I don't remember much of it" Stefan reminded.

"Down to business, then?" Klaus asked, closing the warehouse door.

"Which is what exactly?" a curious Lily asked.

"Why are me and Lily still with you?" a confused Stefan asked Klaus, "We had our fun, your hybrids failed, I mean, don't you want to move on?".

"We're going to see my favorite witch" Klaus informed, "If anyone who can help us with our hybrid problem it's her", Klaus then looked at Lily, "And she might also be the one with answers to all your questions".

"About the dreams?" a shocked Lily asked.

"About the dreams" Klaus confirmed.

"Wait, what dreams?" a confused Stefan asked.

Klaus smirked, "Lily didn't tell you?".

"Lily didn't tell me what?" Stefan asked, he then looked at his best friend who was glaring at Klaus, "What are you hiding from me Lily?".

"Me and Lily have been having dreams about each other long before we actually met each other" Klaus revealed, before Lily could even open her mouth.

A shocked Stefan looked at Lily, who had closed her eyes in frustration, this is not how she wanted Stefan to know about her dreams.

"You knew about Klaus before he came to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked.

"No" Lily quickly replied, "I mean, I knew his face, but I didn't know the person I was dreaming about was the person who was going to sacrifice your girlfriend, when I found out it was too late, everyone in Mystic Falls had already met him".

"Why are you two dreaming about each other?" Stefan asked confused, not liking this at all.

"I'm hoping that's what Klaus's favorite witch will reveal to us" Lily replied.

***

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan, as the trio entered Gloria's bar.

"I can't believe this place is still here" a slightly amazed Stefan said.

"You gotta be kidding me".