eight

08. Rose

The man who had kidnapped Lily, parked his car in the middle of an empty field, he then got out of the car and proceeded to walk towards the car that was parked next to his.

The man inside the car rolled the window down slightly, "Where are they?" he asked.

"In the trunk" the kidnapper informed, "I did exactly what you said".

"Good, put them in the back".

The kidnapper nodded, he then walked back to his car and opened his trunk, revealing not only an unconscious Lily but also a unconscious Elena, one by one the kidnapper picked the two girls up and placed them in the trunk of the man who told him to kidnap the two girls, after he was done, he walked back to the man.

"Thank you for your help".

"Is there anything else" the kidnapper asked the mysterious man.

"One more thing, come closer, please", as the kidnapper got closer, the mystery man fully rolled down his window, "Closer", just as the kidnapper placed his head between the window, the mystery man ended up biting into his neck, after draining him of all his blood, he shoved the now dead kidnapper to the floor and drove away.

***

Caroline knocked on Lily's bedroom door, "Lils, you awake?" she asked, she frowned hearing no reply from her sister so she once again knocked on the door, this time louder, "Lily?!", Caroline knew her sister was a light sleeper, usually one knock was enough to wake her up, not receiving any reply once again made Caroline worried, so she opened her sister's door, she was even more confused seeing Lily's always locked door unlocked today, stepping inside Lily's bedroom Caroline frowned seeing her bed still made and no sign of Lily anywhere, almost like she never came home last night.

***

Caroline arrived at school and immediately her eyes landed on Stefan and Jeremy, who appeared to be in a serious conversation but Caroline didn't care, she needed to know if they have seen her sister.

"Stefan!" Caroline yelled, running over to the youngest Salvatore.

"Caroline, what's wrong?" Stefan asked, seeing Caroline's worried face.

"Have either of you seen Lily today?" Caroline asked.

"No, why?" Stefan asked, while Jeremy shook his head, letting Caroline know he hadn't seen Lily today.

"Lily never came home last night, and I asked Tyler if she stayed with him but he said she didn't and according to him her car is still at his from last night" a worried Caroline revealed, her sisterly instinct told her that her younger sister was in serious trouble and Caroline hated not knowing how to save her.

"Elena hasn't been home either" an equally worried Jeremy informed, "Her bed hadn't been slept in, and Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was still in the driveway as well".

"Okay, what the hell is going on?!" a panicked Caroline asked, "Where is my sister and Elena?".

"I have no idea" a worried Stefan replied, realising that something was wrong, Elena and Lily disappearing at the same time was no coincidence, both the girls were in trouble and now it was up to Stefan to save the girl he loves and his new friend.