eighteen

18. The Murder Of One

After much looking, Klaus had finally managed to locate his eldest brother, Finn.

"Hello, Finn" Klaus greeted, walking next to his brother.

"Hello, Niklaus" Finn greeted, not even surprised seeing Klaus, he always knew with his connections, it was only a matter of time before Klaus found him, but for the first time, he wasn't afraid of what the hybrid would do, because whatever happened to him, happened to the rest of them, it happened to Lily, "I have nothing to say to you".

"Well, I'm not here to chat" Klaus clarified, "I will ask you one time, though, where's our mother?".

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives" Finn informed, "And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again".

"How fortunate that I found you, I require your assistance" Klaus stated.

"I have no wish to help you, only to see you dead" Finn retorted.

"Right, well that's the thing you see, you won't be able to see me dead because if I die, then you die, so wish unfulfilled I'm afraid" Klaus taunted.

"Oh bother someone else with your hollow charms, Niklaus" Finn snapped in annoyance.

"Why, when I can bother my big brother?" Klaus teased, "I need you to accompany me back to Mystic Falls, I have a witch who can help undo Esther's spell that linked us together".

"I have no wish to be unlinked" Finn snapped.

"Again with the wishes" Klaus said, "Let me rephrase, you will come back with me or I will put you back in that coffin in which you rotted for nine hundred years".

"What happens to one happens to all" Finn reminded, "You may not feel the effects of the dagger but you'd lose your precious Rebekah".

"Wouldn't be the first time" Klaus reminded.

"What about Lily?" Finn asked, "Are you willingly to lose her?".

Klaus glared at Finn for bringing Lily into this, but before he could say anything, Finn walked past his brother and speeded into an alleyway, but before he could escape, his way was blocked by Rebekah.

"Let's not make this any worse than it has to be, darling brother" Rebekah warned.

"You're siding with him?" a shocked Finn asked, "Rebekah, he stored us in boxes".

"At least he's not trying to make us extinct" Rebekah retorted.

Finn turned around and came to face to face with Klaus, "What are you gonna do?" he asked, realising he was cornered, "Kill me?".

"Oh, yeah, that's right, you've a death wish" Klaus mocked, "Fine, pathetic, but fine, the thing is I'm not gonna let you take the rest of us down with you, I'm not going let Lily get hurt because of you".

Klaus grabbed Finn by the collar of his jacket and slammed him on to the wall before slamming him on to the other wall and then throwing him on to the ground.

***

Reaching home soon.

Lily smiled seeing Klaus's text, she knew he and Rebekah had gone to get Finn and Lily would have joined them but she couldn't be asked walking up before the sun has even risen, and Klaus and Rebekah knew that so they didn't even bother to try to convince her to come along, just asked her to stay in her house as while the originals could only die with a white oak stake, Lily could die with anything, making her the biggest target of everyone who wanted the originals dead.