twelve

12. The Descent

Lily opened her eyes, and immediately a sense of panic set in when she realised she was in an unknown bedroom, sitting up on the bed, Lily looked around in confusion, not knowing where she was or who brought her here, looking down, she realised she was wearing someone's button up shirt and suddenly what happened last night came back to her.

"Elijah" Lily whispered, recalling the original she thought was dead had helped her last night.

A still very confused but slightly less panicked Lily stepped out of the bed, she then walked over to the closed door, opening it she stepped out the room and realised she was in an apartment, a very nice apartment.

Hearing noise coming from the kitchen, Lily tip toed towards the noise, not wanting to alerting anyone that she was awake.

Arriving at the entrance of kitchen, Lily saw Elijah standing there making coffee.

"You should know, I heard you as soon as you opened the bedroom door" Elijah said, his back to Lily.

"Creepy much" Lily commented.

Elijah turned around and looked at Lily, "Vampire actually".

Lily rolled her eyes, "So, aren't you suppose to be dead?" she asked.

A slight smirk formed on Elijah's face, "You didn't really think I would die that easily, did you?".

Lily shrugged, "Honestly, I was kind of disappointed seeing how easy it was for Stefan and Damon to defeat you, especially since according to Rose, you're supposed to be my worst nightmare".

 "The Salvatore brothers caught me off guard, that will not happen again" Elijah said, he then placed Lily's coffee in front of her, "Coffee?".

"Only cause you took such an effort to make it" Lily teased, sitting on the stool and grabbing the coffee cup, after taking a small sip she looked at Elijah, "You definitely know how to make a good cup of coffee".

Elijah gave Lily a small smile, "Thank you".

Lily looked at Elijah curiously, "So, I'm guessing this shirt I'm wearing, is yours?".

Elijah nodded, "Your guess is correct".

"And you made me wear it?" Lily asked.

"Well, you fell asleep in my arms and I figured you did not want to stay without clothes" Elijah pointed out.

"Fair point" Lily said, "Anyways, thanks for the coffee, I should go".

"I'll drop you" Elijah said.

Lily shook her head, "It's all good, I know how to get home".

"Like this?" Elijah said, pointing to Lily's attire.

Lily looked down at the shirt, she then looked at Elijah, "Yes like this, your shirt looks like a cute dress on me, I'll wash it and give it back to you next time we meet".

"Next time?" an amused Elijah asked.

"Well, with you showing up nearly everywhere I go, I'm guessing this isn't the last time I see you" Lily said.