five

05. The Reckoning

Stefan slowly opened his eyes and groaned in pain, his neck hurting from the many times Klaus had snapped it.

"Ah, he lives" Rebekah said.

Stefan sat up and saw Rebekah standing by the edge of the truck, while Lily sat on the floor, her eyes closed, her head against the truck's wall.

"What happened?" a confused Stefan asked.

"You took a beating" Rebekah informed, "My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon, quite the temper".

"Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked, looking at the Mystic Falls High School sign.

"Just stop, Stefan" Lily snapped, opening her eyes and glaring at her so called best friend, "For once stop pretending, stop lying".

"It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding" Rebekah added, "From him and from your best friend, Lily".

A vary Stefan, slowly stood up, "I'm not hiding anything, I've done everything Klaus has asked me to".

"No, you just failed to mention that the doppelganger's still alive" Rebekah said, letting Stefan know that they all knew his secret.

Lily stood up and looked Stefan, "What did you think I was gonna do if you told me?" she asked, "Tell Klaus? Is that how much you trust me?".

"Can we talk about this later?" Stefan asked, right now his number one priority was saving Elena from Klaus.

A hurt Lily shook her head, "No Stefan, we're never talking about this again, if you don't care about me or my feelings, then I don't give a crap about you or your stupid girlfriend".

Before Stefan could stop her Lily had jumped off the truck and proceeded to go inside the high school to find Klaus, leaving Rebekah to deal with Stefan.

***

Lily barged into the school gym, only to see Klaus there with Elena and two compelled students.

"Lily" Elena whispered.

"Welcome, little luna" Klaus greeted, smiling at the Forbes werewolf.

Lily looked at the two compelled students, one of who had her one leg in the air.

"What, are we playing hopscotch now?" Lily asked Klaus.

"No, but if Dana is to put her leg down, Chad is going to beat her, to death" Klaus replied.

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asked Lily, before Lily could say anything to Klaus.

Lily glared at Elena, "Do I look like your boyfriend's babysitter?" she snapped, "Stefan is your problem, not mine, for all I care about he can go to freaking hell".

"Stefan's on a time-out" Klaus informed to Elena, he knew that Stefan's lack of trust in her, had hurt Lily a lot, because she was a girl who didn't trust people easily, yet she trusted Stefan, who never really trusted her, and that hurt.