sixteen

16. Know Thy Enemy

"You have tremendous luck" Maddox, another one of Klaus's witches said, as the duo entered the apartment Klaus had compelled himself in Mystic Falls.

Klaus, who was busy painting, looking at Maddox in slight confusion, "How so?" he asked.

"What are the chances of you coming to Mystic Falls and not only finding the girl who has been in your dreams but also the doppelganger that will break your curse" Maddox replied.

"It's more fate then luck" Klaus retorted.

"Finding the doppelganger was part of your fate?" a confused Maddox asked.

"Not the doppelganger, Lily" Klaus corrected.

"You've only seen her eyes and heard her voice, if she comes infront of her, are you going to be able to recognise her?" Maddox asked, looking at Klaus's painting, which was another painting of Lily's eyes.

"She has eyes like no other, I will recognise her" Klaus assured, he then looked at Maddox, "Where's Isobel?".

"As per your plan, Isobel has gone to the doppelganger to inform her that there are rumors going around about the doppelganger being alive, she will then bring Katherine Pierce over to you" Maddox informed.

"And what about the human I'll be jumping into?" Klaus asked.

"I'm about to go retrieve the body now" Maddox replied.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Klaus asked, "Go on, go fetch the human, while I try to find Lily".

"Are you sure it's smart to go out in your real body?" Maddox asked.

"No one knows what I look like" Klaus reminded, "I will be fine".

"But if you're having dreams about Lily, what if she's having dreams about you as well?" Maddox asked, "What if she recognises you and tells everyone?".

Klaus looked at the eyes he was painting, "The risk would be worth it, I just need this mystery to finally solve itself, I need to know why I'm having dreams about someone I've never met in my life".

***

Lily was walking in the town square, she was rummaging through her bag trying to find her phone, not seeing where she was going, when suddenly she bumped into someone, causing her bag and most of the things in her bag to fall to the ground.

"Dammit" Lily whispered, bending down to pick everything up.

"Allow me" the stranger Lily bumped into said, bending down and helping Lily.

Lily looked up at the stranger in shock, she recognised his voice, it was the same voice that has been tormenting her dreams ever since she has come back to Mystic Falls.

"You" Lily whispered, "I know you".

The mysterious stranger looked at Lily, and as soon as his eyes met Lily, his eyes slightly widen, he recognised those eyes, it was the very eyes he was dying to come across.

"Laya".

Lily looked at the stranger infront of her in confusion, "I think you have the wrong person" she said, "I'm not Laya, I'm Lily".