The Ivanov's

Recap...

It takes awhile to get through all the hallways so I need all the time I can get to get to the dining room on time. Luckily I did. I don't want to deal with an angry Allessandro.

Kiera:

I make it to the dining room and notice there's only one spot open and it's not my seat. It's in between Antonio and some other guy. I'm guessing one of the people Allessandro is having over. I'll just have to sit there, this night couldn't get any worse. Everyone's talking amongst each other so they don't acknowledge me so I'm glad. I look over at the guy I'm sitting next to. I'm not going to lie, he is hot. He looks about 27 though so way to old for me. That doesn't mean I can't admire him though. He has a sharp jawline, blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, and a short scruffy beard.

I look away as the food is being passed around and I don't think anyone noticed me looking. "Kiera, meet the Ivanov's," Allessandro starts. He nods towards the man next to me "That's Alexei Ivanov," then he nods towards three other people at the dinner table "That's Igor Ivanov, that's Nikolai Ivanov, and that's Dima Ivanov," he finishes speaking and takes a bite of food. Alexei eyes me oddly and smirks. Dima smiles coldly and I can tell something's wrong with them but I can't pinpoint what. Igor and Nikolai look over at Alexei and glare at him before they start eating. What is going on?

I start eating and Dima starts talking. "You know, as a girl you really shouldn't be eating that much. You wouldn't want to disappoint the men would you?" He asks with a brow raised. I almost choke in my food. The audacity men have. I just give him a soft smile and go back to eating. I honestly don't know how to respond to that. I have heard a lot of sexist remarks but I don't know how to respond to half of them. I think it's because it's so shocking. Like men really think they can control women. And that it's normal to want to control us.

The rest of dinner went by smoothly. Dima and Allessandro talked about business in Russian throughout most of dinner which I understand. I'm surprised they just assume I only know English. As the plates are being taken out Allessandro clears his throat. "Kiera come to my office," he says. I nod and follow him and Dima out with Alexei not far behind me. Seriously what's happening? Once we get in Allessandro's office Alexei and I sit in the two chairs in front of Allessandro's desk while Dima stands next to the desk.

"After what happened with the posters Kiera things have to change," Allessandro starts. What does this have to do with the posters? "I have to do what's right for our family and you have to clean up your act. I was going to wait until you were 18 but that's now not an option," he continues. I notice Alexei smirking. "To fix our reputation you'll marry Alexei after the new year. You'll turn 18 next year so it isn't that big of a deal," he finishes. I don't even know how to react. I knew this was a possibility but I didn't think it'd happen like this. So soon. Everything these past few weeks has been a lot to deal with. I don't think I can handle this.

"I can't marry him," I say. Alexei laughs. "You don't have a choice darling," he says. He grabs my hand and starts to lead me out. Dima sits where Alexei was sitting and starts talking to Allessandro. Before I'm pulled out the door Allessandro looks at me with a cold expressionless face.

Alexei leads me back up to my room. I don't have the strength to fight back. I feel like my whole world is broken. I didn't even notice we ended up on my bed until Alexei starts talking to me. "You look so beautiful in the dress I picked out, I went for this because you're far from innocent," he says as he starts to feel my breasts. I finally break and start crying. "Now don't do that beautiful. I have to do this now because you've already had sex before. I have to claim you before the wedding, this is your fault," he says. I just continue to cry until he leaves and I fall asleep welcoming the darkness.

Nightmare

I look at the screen in the hospital and I can't believe it. There's not only one little blob there's two. "It looks like you're having twins Kiera," the nurse says smiling. I nod absentmindedly. I still can't believe it. These months have been horrible. But I know I want to have my babies. I haven't been allowed to get the majority of the checkups I'm supposed to have. So this is the first ultrasound I've gotten. At 5 months.

I'm allowed to take the image so I take it home and hide it. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean anythings really changed. I'm still abused. The only thing that has changed is that throughout the past 3 months as my stomachs grown the only person that rapes me is my dad's friend. Ethan. The person who took my virginity. And my babies father.

He's been coming around a bit more lately. Now that I'm pregnant and he knows they're his. I leave the bathroom and go to my room but freeze when I see Ethan. He's sitting on my bed stroking his penis. "I missed you," he says. He gets up and comes towards me. I don't react. "Get on the bed, you wouldn't want our baby to get hurt would you?" He asks. I know it isn't an empty threat so I do as he says. I do throughout the whole pregnancy.

End of nightmare.

I wake up in a cold sweat per usual. I sit up and a familiar pain takes over as the memories of last night flood my mind. But a thought comes to mind as well. I need to get out of here now. I don't even need a plan I just need out. I get up ignoring the pain and check the time before grabbing two duffel bags. It's 1:36. I need as much time before my cousins wake up as I can get so I hurry in packing. I pack my essentials. Money, clothes for a few different weathers, a first aid kit, my electronics, toiletries, and my gun. I get dressed in all black clothes and take a pain killer. Before I leave I put pillows under my blanket to form a person shape. I hope that will give me some extra time before they start searching for me. Then I sneak out. After I get past the guards I just walk. I don't even know where I'm going. I just know I'm done with being everyone's puppet. I continue walking until a car pulls up next to me.