Snake

Recap...

How can a good surgeon work if his hands are cut off and he's buried 10 feet under? He may end up like that either way. I don't like his carelessness.

Kiera:

I wake up tired and groggy. My eyes close immediately after seeing the bright white lights. Slowly I open my eyes again. Allowing them to re-adjust to the room. I look around and see I'm not somewhere I recognize. I look down at my arms and see needles in my right arm. It's not just one but 3. Two on the underside of my wrist and 1 on the top of my wrist closer to my hand.

I try to move my arm but can only manage to wriggle my fingers. I try the other arm and get the same result. That's strange. I look towards my legs and see a blanket covering them. It covers me all the way up to my chest. I try to move my legs but they don't cooperate. I can only move my toes slightly.

Am I paralyzed? No. I can't be. Was I in an accident? I had to have been in one, but what kind of accident? From what I can see my skin looks fine. No cuts or marks besides a bandage on my left arm. I can tell anything from my body so I look around the room. It must be a hospital room. The walls and tiles are white. So is the bed and blanket. My pillow is pale blue. It matches the curtains on the window to the left of my bed.

Opposite my bed there's a door that's grey and next to it is a small white trash can. On my right side there's an IV drip set up and two other bags of fluid that I don't recognize. They're both clear though. There's also a heart monitor set up that connects to my right finger. On my left side there's a bedside table with a pitcher of water and a cup. Suddenly I'm very aware of how dry my throat is. I try to reach it by my arms just won't cooperate with me. After a few minutes I just give up. There's a call button on the table as well but I can't exactly reach that either. I look over the room once again. It's very basic. There's another thing I notice though.

The air smells sterile. Definitely a hospital. I wonder when the nurse is going to come in. There's nothing else I can do besides relax. Although how could I relax? I don't even know what happened to me. Did I hit my head somewhere? And where is Adonis?

I try to relax but I just can't. I end up just staring at the white ceiling. What happened to me? Why am I here? Normally I would be panicking but for whatever reason I feel this extreme calmness. I hear a click and I look over to find out where the noise came from but I see nothing. I look over at the heart monitor and then the IV drip and fluid bags. A single bubble formed at the top of one of the fluid bags. Strange. I look back at the ceiling and my eyes start to feel heavy. It's not long before I fall asleep again.

Adonis:

I'm alerted once they arrive and walk to the interrogation room. If any of them don't comply they'll be sent to torture room. I enter and walk to Nico. "They're all ready for you boss," he says. "Good, I want to speak to the doctor first," I tell him and he forces the doctor into a chair. While he does that I observe the nurses brought in. There's four of them. Only one of them looks calm. Like she expected this to happen. She'll be next.

"So Dean, tell me exactly what happened what happened to your Donna from the moment she arrived to the moment she left the operating table," I start off. "W-well when she entered the hospital she was taken straight to the surgery ward and was in my care. I did the surgery right away because she was losing a lot of blood and I couldn't do any tests. I repaired the damage and gave her more blood. Then I sent Arin to take her to her recovery room while I went to inform you about the Donna's condition," he explained.

I believe him. "Which one is Arin?" I ask. He points to the girl that looks too calm. Another suspicious thing. I look at Nico and he knows what to do. Dean is out back against the wall and Arin is brought to the chair. "What happened when you took her?" I ask. "I took her straight to her room and then I left down the East hallway, she must've been taken afterward," she says nearly emotionless. It's almost believable. "How did the kidnapper get her so soon and you didn't see them?" I ask. "No one was in the East hallway," she says. Bingo. "If you left right after she was taken the kidnapper should've taken her within the first minute of you leaving. You would've seen someone taking her out because they went out a door that you can only get to from the East hallway," I say. She goes silent. "What happened to her?" I ask blankly. She offers no response so I turn to Nico. "Prep torture chamber 1, and have someone get these people out of the warehouse," I say before walking out. 

I make my way down to the torture chamber and Nico and some soldiers make it down not long after with Arin. Once she's tied up in front of me I drag a knife down her arm making her tense slightly. "Tell me who you work for," I demand. She doesn't answer so I skin a small part of her taking my time with each blade stroke. "Now.... tell me what I need to know and I'll make your death painless," I say. Definitely not happening. She can think that though. She pauses for a second before bursting out laughing. "I'll give you a hint," she says. I roll my eyes. A few seconds later she starts reciting a riddle.

"The cobra may have no claws but a royal lion does. You may think you have won but the fight has just begun. The lion joins the snake to dethrone the sphynx and from the shadows, we'll take over without a fight."