Chapter 1- Pain ~Rewrite~

A/N- Rewritten, some details have been removed and new information has been added.

Kiera POV:

Nightmare

"Worthless bitch," dad says and hits me. "You can never listen can you," he says and drags me over to the chains.
"N-no please," I manage to say crying. He ignores me and chains me to a pole. He takes my clothes off and grabs a whip and starts whipping me. I try scream but nothing comes out. He whips me 50 times and comes over to me. He unchains me and grabs my hair to drag me. I'm thrown onto a mattress and he takes his pants off. "N-," I try to say no. I can't and he comes over and pushes himself inside of me. I start to lose consciousness and eventually let the darkness consume me.

Present time

I wake up on the damp basement floor covered in my own blood. I feel dried tears on my cheeks as I blink. This isn't a new occurrence for me, it's actually quite common.

Last night was somewhat different though, I actually fought back.

I've learned not to but I couldn't help myself last night. I'm so sick of my "dad" and his friends. Or maybe I just don't care about the consequences anymore?

I mean really, is there anything that they haven't done?

Last night I got taken down here because I didn't listen to my "dad's" friends when he wanted to rape me but I would've ended up here anyway.

One way or another I always end up in the basement for my nightly beatings.

I usually don't remember them much though, only bits from when I'm awake. I know I was raped though. Even if I didn't remember the moment he pinned me down as he overpowered me I can feel it now.

The familiar soreness in my pelvic area I've become accustomed to by now. Physically I may be used to the pain but the mental scars will never heal. My own father allows this and perpetrates it. My only crime to deserve this is being born.

My mother died when she gave birth to me and I've been blamed ever since. It's even worse with the fact I look like her.

My dad beats me less now because it'd be like hurting his wife but the satisfaction he gets from raping me is to much for him to ignore. I'd much rather get beaten.

Slowly I pull myself off the floor and limp towards the basement stairs. Using the wall I'm able to make it to my room without collapsing.

After getting my clothes I enter the shower and start washing the blood off. The blood isn't fresh so it leaves my body in clumps.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Kiera Ricci. I hate my last name but I have gotten used to it. I'm 16 and 5'7, I have black hair, green eyes, and a mole right next to my right eye. I live with my biological dad and brothers in Italy. My "dad" Rodger, and Matthew and Damien, my brothers. They aren't a family to me, they've abused me all my life. They're just my blood.

When I'm done showering I get dressed and take some pain killers before I go into my "room".

It's really just a decent sized closet. It just has a small mattress a broken lamp and a small chest with the very few clothes I have. Even though I buy them myself Rodger doesn't like when I have too much of something so they get destroyed.

I'm unworthy of many things.

I check the time after putting on makeup to cover my bruises, 6:12. I have to go make breakfast for everyone. I make breakfast for my family every morning because they don't do it themselves.

One of my only uses is being a maid. If I'm not cooking or cleaning I'm usually getting beat or being raped. I have to do everything around the house because all of them are drug addicts and alcoholics. They're basically helpless with everything besides strength.

      *   * Time skip after breakfast *   *

I go back to my room and grab my bag for school after putting my homework in my bag. I may not like school or my teachers but getting good grades is the only way for me to get out of the life I have.

I look at the clock only to see it's 7:47, damnit I'm going to be late. I run downstairs and go to open the door but I'm pulled back before I can leave the front step. "Where are you going?" Matthew yells.

"T-to school," I say and he checks the time. By now my dad and Fernando have walked in. They really have nothing better to do than watch.

"You're late, you should know what happens when you're late."

"I'm s-sorry," I start crying. I don't know how long I can go if I get beat again.

"Sorry's not enough," Matthew says and punches me in the stomach. I try to go through the door but Rodger and Damien grab me and shut the door.

Matthew starts hitting and kicking me. The only thing I can do is try to protect my stomach.

Rodger and Damien join in. Hitting and kicking me anywhere that's not visible. My legs, my arms, my ribs, are the main targets. Matthew kicks me really hard on the back before walking out.

Rodger leaves not long after.

Damien picks me up and throws me back to the ground, "You will never be loved, get your ass to school," he says and walks away.

I continued crying and used the wall to get up and stumble out the door. It's now 8:09.

I'm going to be so late.

By the time I make it to school it's 8:45. "Kiera Ricci you're late to class, care to explain why?" Mrs. Karen asks.
"No," I say after taking a seat. She just scoffs and continues teaching.

With only 15 minutes left of class I write down as many notes as I can. I'm going to have to study a lot online later to catch up.

After class I go to my locker and grab my book for the next period, science. It's my favorite period, I don't particularly enjoy science but the teacher is so kind.

As I'm walking to my class the speaker comes on "Kiera Ricci come down to the principal's office, Kiera Ricci come down to the principal's office" the school secretary says.

I change directions to start walking to the office. As I'm walking I start to wonder what I could've done wrong. Sure I'm not the best student but I don't get into many fights and I try hard in class. Nothing I imagined could've prepared me for what they're about to tell me.