Chapter 1

(A/N: If you haven't read the first book or the sequel, I highly suggest reading those first)

Ariana's POV

"Miss Winters, you were mildly effected by the fire. You've been unconscious for almost an entire week, but we did notice something strange. You have internal wounds, any idea what could've caused that?" The doctor looks up from his clipboard and makes eye contact with me.

All of the memories of the pain and torture that I went through came flooding back. The crying for help, the begging for mercy, the screams that no one could hear.

"Miss Winters?" The doctor asks, again.

"Where is Jax?" I change the subject to what has been worrying me ever since I had woken up.

"Jax?" The doctor questions, looking to Emma for help.

"He's one of the boys that came in with here. He has almost black hair, was wearing a leather jacket-"

"Oh, well, he isn't our concern right now. You're my patient, not this Jax." He snaps and then leaves the room.

"Ari, what happened at that testing site?" Emma asks, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Horrible things." I whisper.

"Well, I'm glad that you're okay. You really scared me." Emma places her hand on mine. I pull my hand back from her touch and wince at the movement.

"I scared you? I was scared for my life for such a long time and guess what? Jax was the only one that wanted to find me. You sat around on your lazy ass and complained about the baby kicking and what not. I was tortured, beaten like a misbehaving caged animal. And you did nothing." I stare into her eyes.

"I would've helped you, Ari. But the baby-"

"You mean the baby that you wouldn't even tell Daniel about? The baby that you were so scared would ruin your relationship? You're the chosen one, Emma! It's time to take responsibility and act like it."

"How dare you say that to me? After I sat in this hospital for days, waiting for you to wake up."

"I never asked you to. Nor did I want you to." I look away at the ground. Emma starts to cry as she leaves the room and I close my eyes, again.

Daniel's POV

I've been sitting in the waiting room for hours with the rest of the gang. We are all scared. Two of our closet friends were in a fire and we couldn't do anything about it.

I see Emma running down the hallway with tears streaming down her face. I stand up and she runs into my arms, crying into my shoulder.

"What happened?" I ask, the rest of the gang looking worried.

"Ariana. She's awake and she...she just exploded. She said so many hurtful things to me." Emma cries.

"I'm sure she's just a little scared. She was kidnapped for months." I try to reason with her.

"She's never been like that before."

"Well she has a good reason, you did explode on her first." Maddie states.

"Emma didn't mean to, it's just everything that's happening with the baby-" Andi tries to stick up for Emma.

"That's no excuse. Ari is our best friend. It wouldn't be except able if anyone but Emma would've treated Ari like that." Maddie says, raising her voice.

"Here we go, again. You really haven't changed, Maddie. What are you going to do princess? Call up your Panthers and pour smoothies on me?"

"Guys, just stop it." Diego steps in between them.

"No, this is good for them. They need to say what they are feeling." Alex adds.

"You wouldn't know a damn thing about feelings, Alex. Considering how you dealt with yours while Colton-"

"EVERYBODY STOP!" I yell and they all look at me.

"What's happening to us? We are about to tear each others' throats out." I sigh and everyone looks at the ground.

"We're best friends." I state. A doctor walks into the waiting room and we all turn our attention to him.

"Is someone here for Mr.Novoa?" The man asks and we all nod.

"We have to inform you about his current condition."

____________________

The first chapter of the third book! Hope you guys like it!

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo