Chapter 8

Ariana's POV

Here I was, at lunch, surprisingly sitting with my friends. Emma hasn't been in school these past few days. Daniel insists that it's because the baby is coming soon.

Jax is being released from the hospital after school today, and I couldn't be happier. I'm picking him up after school today and then we're going to hang out.

Kyle was also released yesterday and that was a big relief. It's good to not be alone and just be reassured that he's okay.

But, I haven't heard from Natalie in awhile either, which kind of scares me. She's probably planning something, and that makes me feel uneasy.

"Ari, are you okay?" Daniel asks, giving me a concerned look.

"I'm fine, why?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You just look flushed, that's all." He shrugs. Now that I think about it, I do feel a little weird.

I can hear my heart beat in my head as I look around the cafeteria, feeling a little nauseous and sweaty. The men from the testing site are scattered amongst the students, giving me menacing looks.

"This isn't happening, this isn't happening..." I say to myself, trying to get rid of these hallucinations.

"It's time for another test, Miss Winters."

"No, no, Miss Winters. You can't escape us."

"No one can hear you scream, Miss Winters."

"You'll be dead when this is all over."

"NO!" I scream and put my hands over my ears, getting looks from everyone at my table.

I sprint to the bathroom, ignoring my friends who have been calling my name repeatedly. Once I get to the bathroom, I slam the door shut behind me.

"Messing with you is so easy, Ariana. Your mind is so easy to twist." Natalie emerges from one of the stalls.

"Get out of my head." I say through gritted teeth.

"And why would I do that? You kill my mother, I kill you." She shrugs.

"Your mother had already died once before I came here. I can't help that she was coming after me."

"You're a murderer, Ariana. You've killed two people in your life, it's only a matter of time before it's three-"

"They were both out of self defense." I defend myself.

"Sure they were, just like how your parents died was an accident-"

"What?" I ask, completely phased by what she just said. My parents died in a car accident. It was an accident.

"You don't really believe that do you? You really think that it was an accident that that semi truck hit your car? You aren't as smart as I thought." She smirks.

Suddenly, I snap out of my sad daze and feel the supreme witch in me start to take over. I aim my powers at her, watching her fly up against the bathroom wall.

I tighten my grip, watching her gasp for air. I want her dead, I want her to die for what she has done to me. I suffered for months and she is the one to blame.

"Ari! Snap out of it!" A voice says from behind me. I ignore it and keep strangling Natalie. I feel something come in contact with my head and I black out.

...

I wake up with an awful headache and in my bed. Jax is sitting down next to me, happy to see me awake. I smile at him and sit up.

"Andi said that she's sorry for hitting you in the head. She said it was the only way to stop you from killing Natalie." Jax gives me a confused look.

"She shouldn't have stopped me. Jax, she's trying to kill me." I defend myself.

"Believe me, I know. I'm surprised that she showed her face again. Why did she even come back?"

"To finish what she started. She wants me dead." I sigh.

"I won't let that happen." He cups my cheek with my hand, planting a peck on my lips. I pull him back in, wanting his lips on mine again.

It's been so long since I have kissed him, and I have longed for it. We kiss again, him pulling me close. I lay down on the bed and he climbs on top of me, not breaking the kiss.

I tug at the ends of his shirt, wanting it off of him. He breaks the kiss to take it off, revealing a scar on his side. I look at it and feel awful, knowing that he got that when he saved me. Jax is covered in scars, some from the fire and another from getting shot by the principal.

"They are just scars, Ari." Jax says, noticing that I was staring at them.

"It's my fault that you have them." I mutter.

"Ari, c'mon. Don't get all serious on me." He leans in to kiss me again, but I push him back.

"I'm the reason that you have almost died, twice. I'm the reason that you keep on getting hurt." I feel myself getting upset.

"I'll put my shirt back on, this is stupid. I am here because I want to be. You're the most important thing to me and if that means that I get a few bumps and bruises, then that's fine by me." Jax gives me a stern look.

"I love you." I smile and he kisses me again, picking up where we left off. That's why I have to deal with this in my own, I think to myself.

_______________

It makes me really happy when I see all of you voting and commenting. It puts a smile on my face, especially during this tough time in my life.

Vote

Comment

Love you all ~Trinity xoxo