Chapter 5

Ariana's POV

A lot of things have changed around here since I left. To start things off, Kyle has a girlfriend. Her name is Sarah, and she's an amazing girl for him. She has long blonde hair with blue highlights and she's amazing at basketball, but, she's my age. Things can be a bit awkward, but she's homeschooled so it really isn't a big deal.

Everyone seems to be happy and content with life, except for me. All I can do is think about Jax and hope that he'll wake up soon. It's really hard just knowing that he could take years to wake up-

Stop it, Ari. You need to study. I've really been trying to focus, mostly because I want to go to college and get a degree. But, I've been getting so easily distracted and that makes it even harder.

"Ariana, someone is here to see you!" Kyle calls from the living room. I close my book and walk down the hall to the front door.

"Lilly? Jasmine? What are you two doing here?" I ask.

"We just need to talk to someone. Are you busy?" Jasmine asks me back, staring at me with her icy blue eyes.

"No, I'm free. Let's talk outside." I close the door behind us and we go sit in the chairs on the front porch.

"How are you holding up?" Jasmine questions, still staring at me. I glance over at Lilly who is biting her nails and not really paying attention.

"It's been rough. How are you guys?"

"Just sad. We already lost our dad, I don't want to lose our brother, too. Everyone keeps on dying on us."

"I know exactly how it feels. Lilly? Are you okay?" I grab her shoulder and shake her gently.

"I could've saved him." Lilly mutters.

"What are you talking about?"

"I was in the car with him. He wouldn't let me go in, he casted a spell on me and I couldn't do anything. If I would've made him stay at home that day-"

"Then Ari wouldn't be here. You couldn't do anything about it. Everything happens for a reason." Jasmine cuts Lilly off.

"I just want him back, you know?" Lilly frowns.

"I think we all do." I give them a small smile. My phone rings and I excuse myself to take the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ari. Miss me?" A familiar voice booms into the phone.

"Natalie." I state.

"Aw, you remember me? How sweet."

"How could I forget the girl that tried to torture and burn me to death?" I snap.

"Ari, I wouldn't be so mean to me right now. I'm next to someone that you really care about and with just the slightest movement on the trigger of my gun, he'll be dead." She snickers.

"Leave Jax alone." I say and both Jasmine and Lilly look at me.

"I never said that it was Jax." She puts me on speaker so I can hear what's going on.

"Oh hi, are you one of Ari's friends?" Kyle asks in his normal cheery tone.

"No." I mutter, but I know that he can't hear me.

"I wouldn't say so." Natalie says, and after a few seconds, I hear the trigger go off and Kyle yell.

"No!" I scream and teleport home as fast as I can. I rush to Kyle's side and hold him in my arms as I dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, my guardian was just shot and I need an ambulance right now!" I cry and hang up once I give them all the information that they need.

"Ari?" Kyle groans and clutched his stomach.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay. Just stay with me." I hush him and a siren fills the neighborhood air.

Paramedics rush into the room and take Kyle away on a stretcher, leaving me on the blood soaked rug in a state of shock.

I glance at my phone and I have a new message.

"Let the games begin ~N"

___________________

Holy crap! Natalie is crazy af!

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo