Chapter 4

Ariana's POV

"M'am? M'am?" Some shakes me and I groan.

"Visiting hours are over. You have to leave." A nurse speaks to me and then leaves the room. I stand up and rub my eyes. I had fallen asleep in Jax's hospital room for the 6th time this week.

Jax has been in the coma for 3 weeks now. It's almost April and I don't know how much longer I will be able to take without him.

I've been so behind on my class work, considering I missed a lot of school. I hate not knowing what's going on. And the worst part is, everyone knows that I was kidnapped.

It's probably the most awkward topic of conversation. Like, 'hey, I'm glad that you weren't beaten to death', 'did they try to rape you?', 'are you scared for the rest of your life?'.

On the bright side of things, Grace is doing good. She was a lot like me in the aspect of being injured. Troy broke his leg and he tore a lot of ligaments in his thigh. I don't know what they are going to do about him.

But, at least he's conscious, unlike Jax. Why did he have to run back into the burning building? Why didn't I stop him? There are so many questions that I don't have the answers to.

...

It was my first day back at school and things couldn't be more awkward. Everyone knows what happened to me. I've gotten more pitiful states then I can count.

I've distanced myself from everyone, but Alex. He seemed to find a way to understand me. I guess it's because of everything that happened with Colton.

We were in biology together and it felt like everyone was staring at me. It was as if I had two heads or something.

I've had no idea what was going on in any of my classes, so I just dozed off. I knew that my life wasn't going to go anywhere, so why try?

"Miss Winters, can you stay after class?" Miss Jones asks with a smile. I nod and wait for the bell to ring.

I make my way to her desk and sigh. I don't want a pep talk, all I really need is for Jax to wake up and be here with me.

"Ariana, I know that you've been through a lot. But, that's no excuse to give up on your school work." Miss Jones sighs and taps her fingers on the desk.

"I know that a lot has happened to you this year, but sweetie, if you want to go to college, you need to step up your game." I roll my eyes at her words.

"You don't know what's happening in my life. So stop acting like you do." I snap and instantly regret it.

"Yes, I do know. I lost my mom when I was in high school and it was the worst thing imaginable. But, someone told me to start trying again and I became a teacher, my biggest dream. Now, I'm telling you so that you can follow your dream and that is?" She asks, waiting for an answer.

"Music." I mumble.

"What was that?"

"Music." I state louder.

"Juilliard to be exact." I state a little softer.

"That's great, sweetie." She smiles and the lunch bell rings. She starts to gather her things and I don't know why I'm not leaving.

"I'm sorry for lashing out at you." I apologize. Miss Jones nods and leaves the room for lunch.

I stand there just taking everything in. I need to get my life back on track, maybe I'll just have to wait for Jax outside of this small town.

_________________

Hello guys! Sorry for not updating lately! This was just a filler and I'm also sorry for that! What do you guys want to happen next?

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo