Chapter 12

Ariana's POV

"You're so annoying." I joke into the phone. I was currently driving to Emma's house. Jax was there and he was helping take care of the babies.

"You love it." Jax laughs.

"I know." I smile.

"His first word should be Jax. It will be." His determination is clear in his voice.

"Keep dreaming." I chuckle and turn onto another street.

"Okay, I won't keep you on the phone. I love you." He says to me.

"I-" Someone steps out in front of my car and stands in the middle of the road. I turn the steering wheel with all my might and feel the car go off the road.

I tumble inside of it, feeling immediate pain, hoping the car will stop. The car stops, and I'm stuck upside down. I feel motionless, even blinking hurts me.

"Help! Someone please!" I yell. I hear footsteps come from next to me and I try to look out the window.

"You got what you deserve, bitch." A voice snaps.

"Natalie." I grunt. I hear her start to mumble something and someone casts a spell, causing her to fall to the ground. A hand reaches inside the car and unbuckles my seatbelt.

The unknown person wraps their arms around me and pulls me out of the car. As I am cradled in their arms, I look up to catch a glimpse of my savior.

"Who are you?" I manage to say. He looks down at me with his hazel eyes.

"Shh, don't speak, Ariana." The man with light brown hair says.

"How do you know my name?" I disobey his orders.

"I met you awhile ago, in the institution. My name is Oliver King." Oliver smiles at me.

"Please don't disobey them, again. I don't know if I will be able to save you next time.

-O"

"You're O. You saved my life... at the testing site." I mutter. "How are you-"

"Ariana, please. Don't speak. I need to take you somewhere that Natalie won't find us." He scolds me. I nod and keep quiet, feeling my eye lids grow heavier and heavier.

Jax's POV

"That's strange." I say my thoughts out loud and stare at my phone.

"What's wrong?" Emma asks and sets Grayson and Ethan in their cribs. We leave the room so they can sleep. Emma and I both join Daniel in the living room.

"Ari just stopped talking in the middle of a sentence. Then the line went dead." I say with confusion.

"She's probably fine, Jax. Maybe she went through a tunnel or something." Emma shrugs.

"Emma is right, Jax. Don't stress over nothing." Daniel puts his arm around Emma.

"Okay." I mutter and slide my phone into my pocket. But, I can't help but get a bad feeling.

Ariana's POV

I open my eyes and groan at the bright light. I sit up and rub my head, wondering whose coach I am on. I look up to see Oliver working on something on his table.

Everything starts flooding back and I search my body for wounds, but I find nothing. I stand up and walk over to Oliver, but feel light headed. I start to fall, but he grips my wrists and keeps me upright.

"Thanks." I mutter.

"Anytime." Oliver smiles. I analyze his facial features and see the real appearance of him.

"How did you heal me? Even Emma and I can't and we're-"

"I know that you have a lot of questions and I'm willing to answer them all in time. But, I should probably start from the beginning." Oliver tells me and has me take a seat back on the couch. He sits down next to me and runs his fingers through his hair.

"I didn't live a normal childhood. My father was an expert scientist, but he lost his sanity when I was about 5 years old. He did experiments on me, always talking about witches and kanays... he wanted to make me one of them. Little did he know that my mother was a witch, and I had inherited her powers.

But, due to his experiments, my powers were altered. I could do things that no other witches could, but the side effects were obvious. I became something that no one has ever seen before, something unnatural and a mistake..." He trails off and I can see the pain on his face.

"I'm immortal. I stopped aging when I turned 23. I outlived my parents, my wife, my children, I lose everything in the end. I can't be happy and I never will be." I pull him into a hug and he wraps his arms around me. This is all so crazy, an immortal human being shouldn't be possible.

"I had to keep restarting my life and changing my name. I ended up at a research site and I hoped to meet people like me, but then I saw what they were doing to all of you and I couldn't just stand by." Oliver explains and I nod, trying to take it all in.

"So, how old are you?" I ask.

"I'm 205 years old." He chuckles lightly and I gasp.

"But, what happened to Natalie after my accident?"

"Ari, I didn't want to do this I swear, I didn't know what I was doing-"

"What did you do, Oliver?" I interrupt him and wait for an answer.

"I killed her, Ariana. She's dead."

__________________

Ahhhhhh wkfnekdnejwjsbdjfk

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo