Chapter 10

Ariana's POV

3 hours. 3 hours of worrying. 3 hours of sitting in this stupid waiting room. 3 hours of Daniel having breakdowns and basically pouring out all of his emotions.

"I'm not ready to be a dad! What if I drop it on its head? What if it has powers and it kills me by accident? What if-"

"DANIEL." Everyone scolds him. He sighs and slides back in his seat. I sip my Starbucks drink and feel Jax's hand rub my thigh.

"Stop teasing me." I whisper into his ear.

"Savage." He smirks and I shove him playfully. Jax keeps his hand on me, still giving me chills.

"Emma Alonso?" A young nurse comes into the waiting room. We all stand up, Jax holding Daniel because we're afraid that he'll pass out.

"It's time." She gives us a smile. I look over at Daniel and smile. He smiles back and then looks like he's going to faint.

"She requested for Daniel and Ariana. Only two are allowed in the delivery room." The nurse says. Daniel and I both walk over to her and I look back at Jax. He smiles and mouthes the word 'go' to me.

Daniel and I follow the nurse back to the room that Emma is in. We both walk in and stand next to the bed. Emma is sweating and looks like she's in a lot of pain.

"We're here, Em." I comfort her and Daniel gives her a reassuring smile.

"Ari, I can't do this." She gives me a frightened look.

"Emma, you're the strongest person I know. If anyone can do this, it's you." I tell her.

"Are you ready, Miss Alonso?" The doctor asks and looks at Emma.

"As I'll ever be." She sighs and the doctor starts to direct Emma through giving birth.

...

Emma's screams and the doctor's very loud instructions made everything very stressful. Daniel looks very uneasy, so I grab him.

"Daniel, don't faint." I hold him in place with all my might.

"Too late." Daniel falls to the floor and I groan. I cast a spell and Daniel becomes conscious, again.

"What? Where am I?" He sits up and looks around. A baby cry stops both of us and we look over at Emma.

"What's going on?" Emma asks, looking frantic.

"You gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Now you have to give birth to one more." The doctor says with the baby in her arms.

"Twins?" I question. The doctor nods and Emma starts to yell again.

"Push Emma." The doctor hands the first baby to Daniel and helps Emma deliver the second one.

"Hey, buddy. I'm your dad." Daniel says to the small baby in his arms. The baby giggles and squirms.

"He's beautiful, Daniel." I say just as Emma's yelling stops. The second baby is handed to her and she gives him the most admiring look.

"Danny, we're really parents." She smiles.

"What are their names?" I ask, looking at both of the babies.

"This is Ethan." Daniel looks down at the baby in his arms.

"And this is Grayson." Emma says to the baby in her arms.

...

I leave the delivery room after everyone is finished visiting. This will be Emma's first night in the hospital, along with the twins.

Jax walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. I smile and lay into his chest.

"They are so adorable." He coos into my ear.

"Very true." I say and Jax wraps his hand in mine.

"That'll be us." Jax smiles as we walk out the exit of the hospital.

"Some day." I grin at the thought. We both walk over to the car and climb in. Jax pulls out of the parking lot and starts driving down the road.

"Soon?" He asks, recounting our conversation.

"Define soon." I say.

"After we graduate." Jax says, looking over at me.

"Are you crazy?" I laugh.

"I'm not kidding." He frowns.

"Jax, raising a child and going to college. We wouldn't even be married. We could never manage." I state.

"We don't have to go to college. And we could get married after graduation." Jax murmurs and I look over at him.

"Not go to college? Elope after graduation? Jax, are you even listening to yourself?" I look at him as if he's crazy.

"My dad left a lot of money to my sister and I. We would be set for life, Ari. We could have a big wedding over the summer, just think Ari." Jax pulls into his driveway and turns the car off. He takes my hands in his.

"Ari, I love you. I know that you're the one for me and I want you to be mine. We're set for life, so why not make that change sooner rather then later?" He stares into my eyes with sincerity.

"You're asking me to throw away my future." I state.

"I'm asking you to be a part of mine."

"Jax, this is a lot to take in." I remove my hands from his.

"Don't stress over it, take all the time you need. You're still okay to spend the night, right?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

________________

Sorry I didn't update sooner. I'm on vacation and I'm at the beach all the time. Aww little Ethan and Grayson Miller.

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo