Chapter 11

Jax's POV

About a week later

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and French toast. I smile and climb out of bed. After letting out a yawn and stretching, I walk down the hall into Ari's kitchen.

Ari is standing over the griddle and is in the middle of making pancakes. I can hear her humming a song as she flips a pancake into the air.

I can't wipe the grin off of my face. She's just so perfect in so many ways. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her wait. Ari leans into my chest and I kiss her cheek.

"Good morning." She smiles.

"Morning sunshine." I smirk and let go of her.

"I see you made breakfast." I say while eyeing up the food.

"Yeah, hurry up and eat. Emma called and she wants us to come over and help with the twins." Ari hands me a plate of pancakes and French toast. I thank her with a kiss and she smiles.

"Again? We've been going over every day since she has gotten out of the hospital." I state and we both sit down to eat our pancakes.

"She gave birth to twins, Jax. All the work of being a new mother is doubled." Ari explains and continues to eat.

"Ugh, I know. Have you thought about my offer from the other day?" I ask, really hoping that she'll give me an answer.

"Jax, I don't know. You're asking a lot of me-"

"It's fine, don't give me an answer yet." I place my hand over hers and she gives me a small smile.

"Thanks." She stares into my eyes.

"Well, let's head over. Don't want to keep her waiting, do we?" I ask and she nods in agreement.

...

"Hey, guys!" Emma exclaims once she opens the door. Ari and I both smile and walk inside.

"The boys are in my room." She states and we follow her to the bedroom. We walk in to find Daniel asleep on Emma's bed.

"Danny! Wake up!" Emma shakes him and Daniel groans.

"He took the night shift last night. He barely got any sleep." She explains and we nod. We hear a baby cry and look over at the cribs. Emma rushes over to the crib and looks down into it.

"Ethan, honey, what's wrong?" She picks Ethan up and cradles him in her arms. Another cry comes from the other crib.

"Can you please get Grayson, Ari?" Emma asks and Ari nods. Ari picks up Grayson and gives him a loving look.

"Hey, Grayson." She smiles and Grayson stops crying. He starts to giggle when Ari tickles his stomach.

"What?" Ari laughs when she looks over at me.

"I'm just watching. You're great with kids." I smile.

"I love them." She looks down at Grayson who is now calm in her arms.

"About that, Ari and Jax, we.." Emma looks at Daniel who is sleeping now soundly. "Well, I have something very important to ask you two."

"Anything, Emma." I smile and Ari nods.

"Would you two like to be the godparents of Ethan and Grayson?" Emma asks. Ari and I both look at each other, trying to contain our excitement.

"Of course! Emma this is such an honor!" Ari exclaims.

"How about I make lunch? Aw, this is so amazing, you guys. Here, Jax, will you hold Ethan?" Emma hands Ethan over to me and I nod.

I hold Ethan in my arms and look down at him, feeling a little nervous. I always feel like I'm going to do something wrong. Ethan starts to cry and I rock him back and forth.

"Jax, don't be so tense." Ari tries to speak over the crying.

"Damn it, kids hate me. How do I even expect to be a dad someday?" I huff and feel upset.

"Hey, don't say that. You just need to be calm." Ari walks over to me.

"Show him that you're not scared. Show him peace and comfort." Ari instructs me and I look down at Ethan. I rock him back and forth and shush him. He starts to get quieter and stops, just staring at me with wide eyes.

"See? Now just smile at him." Ari says and I smile at the baby in my arms. Ethan giggles and I smile even wider.

"You're amazing, Jax. Don't doubt yourself." Ari smiles.

"I'm okay with doubting myself. Because with you by my side, I know that we will get through anything together." I kiss her lips for a second and then Emma calls us for lunch.

_______________

Woah sorry for not updating. I've had really bad writers block. And I'm going away for a week and don't know if I will have service. I apologize in advance. Anyways...

Vote

Comment

~Trinity xoxo