"Sleep well."

(Very similar to Good morning, sweetheart, but a little more depressing tbh; happy ending, though!! Enjoy, I love you all 🤍)

"Harry, baby..." I spoke gently and felt the flutter of his soft eyelashes tickling my chest.

"Hi, sweetheart. Gotta get up." I kiss his forehead. He groans so softly and I run my fingers through his soft, pretty curls.

"I know it's early, I'm sorry...but we gotta go." It's actually bullshit how early it is. Harry's been in bed by 2 in the morning and up at 5 the past four days to make it to the studio, finishing the most recent album with the boys. He's been utterly exhausted, and each morning I wake him up breaks my heart. The look he gives me is one of pleading. Pleading to stay with me, begging silently.

I kiss his closed lips and hold us there for a second, eyes closed in melancholic peace. When I pull away, his eyes are still closed for a moment before they open, a new glisten to them before he lets out a muffled sob and dives into my chest, splitting my heart in two.

"I wan- I want you." He croaks, restless sleep alive in his voice. "I don't want to go!" At this point, we're both crying and our words are all choked. He sounds like a child on their first day of school, and really, he is just a child at heart. My nineteen year old boy who has to pretend he isn't still the sixteen year old kid that he was never allowed to be.

"I know, beautiful, but hey, hey," I raise his face to meet mine and he sniffs, red eyed and red faced. Hope for better news sparks in his face. I smile against my tears, "I'm gonna be with you the whole time. The whole day-" Harry's phone rings beside me and I glance at the caller ID. It's Lou, the boys' manager. I answer for him,

"Hi, it's Y/n, what's-"

"Well the cold hit last night, snow everywhere, it'll be below freezing all day."

"Which means...?"

"The roads are iced. It'd be too dangerous to ask everyone in, so the boys' practice is canceled for the day. Let Harry know for me, will you?"

Harry stares at me, waiting for the slightest hint of emotion to tell him what's happening. She wraps up the call in seconds and I toss the phone to the side of the bed and dive into Harry, wrapping my arms around him excitedly.

"You, my love, are not going anywhere today. The roads are iced due to the weather, so you-" I place my hand on his cheek, pulling my head out of his chest to look him in his eyes, already brimming with excitement. "Get to do whatever you want, with whoever you want today. You get to rest."

His cheeks have lifted into a grin, and his face quickly lays to rest in my neck, snuggling into me. His breath tickles me,and I can't help the giggle that escapes into his curls where my cheek sits.

"How do you feel about catching up on your sleep, sweet boy?" I whisper, and I feel him nod into my neck before pulling me with him as we fall sideways together back onto the mattress. I laugh, and we quickly adjust to the same position we slept in the night before, and in maybe a minute at most, Harry's out like a light. I drift off with him, wrapping my arms tighter around him before I go. "Goodnight, baby... Sleep well." I whisper, then fading away into dreams.

(I most likely won't be producing any new original content except for old scraps like this one from now on. If you'd like, you can still leave any requests and ideas in the comments of this chapter, or in any other chapter. Please check my authors note following this one for details.I love you all so much 💙)