Can't Hide It pt. 2

*next morning*

*next morning*

 Harry and Y/n board their flight to London after calling and pre-renting a car for when they get there to drive the rest of the way to Harry's mum's house.

*switch to reader POV*

I take my seat that I luckily got next to Harry, making sure he sat first to get the window seat. What he doesn't know is that I actually love the window seat- but watching his peaceful facial expression turn to adoration at the view every time is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen... So I tell him I like the aisle seat.
   ...

I get pretty anxious on flights...so I don't even realize I'm shaking during the turbulence in the air until Harry reached over and held my hand, squeezing it tightly to reassure me. That was when I felt myself shaking against him, and he turned in his seat to face me, raising his other hand to my hair, and starts brushing his hands through it. My eyes voluntarily close and I feel myself lean into his touch.

"i've got you, love." He mutters in his deep rasp. A feeling of peace washes through me and my shaking slows until it comes to a stop.

   ...

We've been in the car driving for nearly a half hour, and there hasn't been our usual laughing or playful banter. Every time I look at Harry, his face is nearly unreadable, but I can imagine what he's going through. That overwhelming sense that he's about to come out and face any consequences to it that there may be. My hand leaves my lap to his on the arm rest, and I interlock our fingers tightly. His hand responds quickly to mine and holds mine as I tightly squeeze it. He sighs a breath I don't think he knew he was holding in.

"You'll be okay... We'll be okay, no matter what happens. I'm sure of it." His tense face seemed to relax a lot more and we continued the drive in comfortable silence.

   ...

Harry's greeted Anne, introducing me using no specific words, and already had her sat down to finally tell her that her son liked men, as well as women.

She sat there expectantly as Harry began to speak.

"Mum... I like women, I could see myself falling for a woman, dating, marrying her."

She urged him to continue while I sat in the chair across from them, tensely. I know Harry's mum has always been incredibly supportive of him, but so were my parents until I came out. I still didn't know what to expect.

"But I can also see myself falling for a man...dating him, marrying him...loving him. I have, actually."

Anne's face slightly twitched as she took in the information she was just told. She looks at Harry, facing the carpet below them, with a look of sternness in her eyes that I wasn't sure how to translate.

"It took this long for you to tell me?” Anne asked, slightly annoyed, but I don't think it was at the fact. Harry looked up and faced her, confused.

"Listen here, son." She spoke, in a softer voice this time, sweetly even. Her hand reached up to his face and lightly brushed her fingers in a pinching motion against his lower cheek as she said,

"You're my baby boy. Nothing could change that. I love you, I don't care who it is you love, as long as they're good enough for you." And now she's looked over at me with a small smirk now on her face.

"Is it him that you love?" She asked Harry, as he looked up at me and I felt my heart race as he smiled so warmly.

"So much."

  "How long?"
She asked with a smile.

"A year." I piped up, not able to contain the smile on my face.

"I mean..we've been together for a year. Anne... I love your son. I don't think I've ever felt so much for a single person. I always want the best for him, and would never...never try to hurt him. I want to be with him for as long as I can, and I hope that's okay with you." Harry's face was redder than a tomato, adorably, as his smile practically lit up the room.

"Y/n... If you can make my son blush like this, since no one I've ever seen him with has ever been so good at that... It's more than okay with me." My eyes meet Harry's and the warmth in my heart expands at his happiness, relief in his eyes.

"You could have told me sooner, but-" Anne mumbles quietly and breaks off into incoherent babbling and deep giggles from Harry's pretty voice cause laughter to bubble up and soon the room is filled with our humor.

        ...

After setting down and telling the rest of his family members, through more loving acceptance, and even finishing dinner and surviving every relationship question in the book during it, Harry and I were both a bit drained as we said our good nights and walked to his childhood room. I studied the room with smiles until I flopped onto the bed beside Harry. He laid beside me, smiling peacefully up at the ceiling.

"Thank you for coming." He broke the silence and rolled over onto my neck.

"It meant the world to me." He mumbled into my chest.

"Of course, love. Here whenever you need me." You whispered this sincerely before you both passed out in your day clothes.

(A/n) comment and like please!