goodnight, darling. (was "sleep?" pt. 2)

Harry POV

  I stared at the pretty boy laying across my chest, entirely given out from our night; the faint scent of ourselves still fills the room, and it's intoxicating.

  I trace his shoulder muscle with my middle and ring finger, my other hand playing in his hair. He's asleep now, dreaming of the beautiful day we had. I'm exhausted but I don't want to sleep. Sometimes I worry that when I wake up, he won't be here. He'll realize I'm not what he wants, I'll fuck something up, and he'll leave. Something won't be enough.

  My therapist reminds me that it was how I felt around Louis the past few years of our relationship. He'd come and be gone the next morning, and it isn't like that with Y/n...but some nights, and even on the best days, the fear creeps in.

  "Love, why are you still awake?" Y/n rubs his eyes, resembling a tired child.
  "Just..couldn't fall asleep." The corners of my mouth raise a bit, but not enough. Before I know it, Y/n has climbed up to meet my eyes before leaving a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes flutter shut just as he pulls away, and I leave them for a minute, already missing his touch.

  "Haz..," I open them.
  "I love you." In the moonlight streaming in through the thin curtains of our bedroom window, I can see the large pupils of his eyes that capture me every time I look at them.
  "I love you." I whisper and he leans in again, capturing my lips in his. Our eyes take their time to close, letting ourselves sink into each other. His lips are velvet soft,  blushed and still swollen from their time against mine. Beautiful. He's beautiful.

Our faces slowly part as Y/n pulls away from me, laying himself back into the crook of my neck. He's not letting me go...and I hope, for a moment, that he never chooses to.

"Goodnight." He mumbles softly.
"Goodnight, darling."

(A/n) Hey guys, I didn't feel comfortable with making an explicit sex scene like it seemed like I would, and I know this chapter is short. Overall, I'm sorry for it, but I'm gonna try and write/post another chapter to make up for it. Missed you all.