Euphoria 🖤

(early onset arthritis vibes lol)

"Y/N..." He groans loudly, causing sarcasm to spike through my veins and I groan back,
"YEEESS, HARRY?"

He shakes his head at me, fighting a smile.

"Remind me why the hell we have to go to this party."

"I would love to, but I'll honestly tell you, I don't know." I remind him, wincing as the throbbing pain in my knees grows more intense.

"Babe, can you bring me the ibuprofen?" I bite my lip, feeling the familiar ache in my lower back now as well. Fuck.
"Headache, or something?" He asks.

"Uh, nope."

It's silent for a moment before he comes walking out of the bathroom and towards me. Before I can register what he's doing, my shirt's halfway unbuttoned.
"Haz? Haz, not now, we have to go-" I mumble in confusion, too lost to push him away. His hands find my shoulders and push me softly onto my pillow after pulling my shirt over my arms. He reaches now for my pants and unbuttons them before I grab his shoulder and he glances up at me.
"Harry, what are you doing?"

"You're going to lay right here while I put you into comfortable clothes and grab your medicine and heating pad. You're going to not be walking around some pointless party while your arthritis is flaring up, it's unnecessary."

"I feel so old.." I groan, then groan again because even though I'm feeling sad, I didn't mean to sound it.

"You're thinking of apologizing, and I won't have it, love. Shh."

I giggle softly as he unzips my dark jeans and pulls them down my legs with his toned arms, as softly as he can so he doesn't aggravate my joints, and throws them across the floor.

"Harry!" I scold him for his carelessness as he starts to smirk.

"Yes, they're directly in the middle of the floor. What, are you going to pop up and get it?" He's doing everything he can not to laugh with that ridiculous grin plastered on his face.

"Bastard." He laughs brightly, and I can't help but smile.

He fetches the heating pad from our bedside table and plugs it in, leaving me to place it under my lower back as he brings me my pain meds and a bottle of water that I sit up to take before carefully laying back down.

"You need to go now, if you're going to make it to the party on time." I remind him as he reaches his clothes rack that's been dragged into our room. He turns for a second to give me a look like I've lost my mind.

"You think I'm still going to the party? Without you?" He pulls his shirt over his head so fast that I could hardly tell it happened.
"Fuck that." He says before turning back to me and walking while changing out of his jeans, stumbling a dozen times, and leaving me in tears of laughter as he nearly face-plants into my side of the bed, barely saving himself. He stays on his knees and laughs into the quilt beside my leg, coming up with tears in his eyes.

"Well," he takes a deep breath with a now shaky smile,
"As I said, fuck that!" I snort and pull him up to stand before pulling him over me he holds himself up with his hands beside my face, and smiles softly downward at me.
"Hello, darling." He speaks in a sweet tone that makes me want to boop his nose. ...so I do. He blinks and his cheeks flush, and I can't help my grin.

*Harry's POV*

My heart flutters as Y/n smiles, and staying home might be the greatest choice I could've made tonight. He's just so perfect. Every detail of his smile and those bright y/e/c eyes are enough to make my face heat up as I lean closer to his face. I lay soft kisses along his cheeks, nose, and forehead. He giggles and oh my god, it's a beautiful sound.

I find myself laying on top of him carefully, my face snuggled in his neck as he pulls the covers over me. He plants just-as-soft kisses all over my forehead while he brushes his fingers through my hair, and I know now how to describe euphoria; It's in Y/n's arms. On his chest, his hands through my hair, his lips on my head, and his warm hand tracing circles along my mid-back. After every hard day, I hope here is where I end up. This is home.

*A/n* So did I fall in love with this chapter? I'm so in love with this chapter. It was meant to be a shout out to us young kids with arthritis who feel like old people, and Jesus it blossomed into something, idk what but it's damn beautiful. I hope you loved it. Please leave a comment on the story and vote 💙