Breathe (edited :) )

(Note: reader is Gemma's best friend, and while Gemma loves Harry as the good brother he is, she hates who he's been in his relationships

(Note: reader is Gemma's best friend, and while Gemma loves Harry as the good brother he is, she hates who he's been in his relationships. A heartbreaker, a user, a liar. The one rule in your friendship that's been there since you were both kids was for you to never like him like that, and never be with him. But you found yourself spending more and more time with him as you both grew up together, and before you knew it, you kissed. You dated, you fell in love. You both had no idea how to tell her, and thought it best to wait until it was serious with you two to tell her; You both wanted to make sure it would last before you let her know. However, six months after the first kiss at which point you both knew you were very much in love, she finds you cuddling and sloppily making out in your room when she drops by unexpectedly.

CW: Yelling, swearing)

  I just wanted to take a moment to breathe.

     "Please... I need to be alone, just..let me go."

  I'm expecting him to find me. Why did he let me leave? I told him I needed to be alone,  but I'm not sure if I meant it now.

---- *Just after she found you both.*

"How could you? How fucking dare you!" Gemma screamed at Harry.

"How long has this been going on??" She looked at me and my eyes fell to the floor. I could hear her breath start to shake in anger.

"How long, Y/n?" Her voice quietened, but was no less enraged.

I could barely find my voice, but she deserved the truth, so I did. "Since the beginning of April." I look up against my better judgment, and I can see the pain of betrayal streak across her face before it fills with anger again.

  "Of all people, my best friend?? You could use anyone in the world for sex or to fill some twisted fantasy but you chose-"

  "It's not like that!" He pleaded to her.

"I love him, Gemma, I promise!" Harry's voice raised as he tried to stay somewhat calm to refrain from yelling at his sister.

"And you!" She turned to face me with a look that screamed disappointment.

"You know what he's like, and you would even choose to be with him??  To SLEEP with him? You know he's just using you! That's all he ever does!"

--
She's wrong. Right? Yes, of course she's wrong.

"I love him! I would never hurt him! You have to believe me, Gem." Harry pleaded, "I don't see why I, we have to prove anything to you, anyway!"

"Please-please.." I muttered, "Stop screaming."

Harry's face softened as he wrapped his hand around mine. My eyes fell to the floor in the now dead-silent room that could drive a person insane if they stayed in here too long. The only thing holding onto my sanity was the deep huffs of breath Harry released beside me.