Back from the dead - Part 9 - Harvey x Jim x Reader

"So............." (Y/n) continued, as she turned her attention from the speechless Jim to the captain. The male detective feeling more shocked now, than he had the day before. The way she had been dressed yesterday, the pink hair that she had sported, throwing him off a little. But now, now she looked like his (Y/n) again. Her clothes, her colouring, just as it had been the day that he had last seen her. The last morning that they had woken up together.

"What do you want me to do today, boss?" The female detective enquired, as she smiled at Sarah. Harvey not moving his gaze from his partner, as he did nothing but take a gulp of his drink.

"Well, there's that pile of cases waiting for your attention on your desk, or..........or you can shadow Bullock and Gordon on this new case that's just come in..........."

"Er.........as much as I would love to dive headfirst into that pile of cases that you have given me. I think that I should follow these two reprobates for the day. Best way to get up to speed. It's been a while, so.............Only if that's if okay with them.............Jim............?" (Y/n) replied, as she turned to look at Jim. The detective not moving his eyes from the cup in his hands. Harvey shaking his head, before placing his hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder.

"It's fine by me. I'd rather look at your face than Jim's anyway. He thinks he's pretty, but he ain't all that." Harvey said with a soft chuckle, as he picked his het back up off his desk and place it on his head.

"Jim...........?" (Y/n) asked again, as she turned to look at the still quiet man.

Internally Jim was chastising himself. He had bolted from his home that morning with every intention of talking to her. With every intention of sitting down and asking her every question that had come to his hazy brain the day before, as he sat in the bar. He had had every intention of spending his day just looking at the woman that he thought that he had lost. Every intention of pulling her into his arms and telling her he had missed her more than she could ever know. Yet now she was here. Now she looked exactly as he could remember; he was finding it impossible to say a word, never mind even look at her.

"He's fine with it. Come on, let's do this. Bad guys don't catch themselves." Harvey told (Y/n). The Irishman speaking for his partner. The female detective giving Harvey a sad smile, before making her way to the stairs. Harvey grabbing Jim's coat and throwing it over to him.

"You coming, or not?" Harvey asked, before turning and following after (Y/n). Jim nodding to the captain, as he got to his feet, put on his coat and followed the pair out of the precinct.

>>--------------------------------<<

Awkward. That was the best word for it. The drive to the latest crime scene was awkward. (Y/n) had sat in the back of the car. Her eyes focused on the city scape. Jim doing the same from the passenger seat. Harvey occasionally shaking his head and smiling at the female detective through the rear-view mirror. He knew that this must be more for Jim to take in, than it was for him. Hell, Harvey had even heard his partner mention marriage before (Y/n) had had to do what she did. Yet nothing was going to change if Jim didn't open his mouth. If he didn't talk to her and ask her the questions that Harvey was sure were burning in the back of his mind. But even though he just wanted to grab Jim and push him into a room with (Y/n) then lock the door, that would have to wait. The badly mutilated corpse unfortunately taking precedence.

(Y/n) climbed out of the car, as Harvey pulled up at the scene. A flurry of activity at the end of an alleyway telling (Y/n) where she should head. As she had told Sarah, it had been a while since she had had to do something like this. Yet despite the years, there was something so horribly familiar about what was before her. She had worked far too many murders before she had had to leave. And she had always thought that despite the different killers, despite the different victims and modus operandi, there always seemed to be certain similarities. A common threat that ran through them all. The female detective stopping at the crime scene tape, ignoring the strange looks from the uniformed cops that were already there. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, before she ducked under the tape and moved closer to the body.

"What ya thinking.............?" Harvey asked, as he and Jim came to stand behind her.

"Well, if you want my real opinion.............disgusting." (Y/n) answered, as she looked under the sheet that covered the body.

"But I am just here to observe you two. This is your case, not mine." She continued, as she got to her feet and surveyed the scene.

"Come on (Y/n). You always brought a different perspective to these things. Tell us what you see..............." A voice came. (Y/n) turning to look at Jim. The words the first thing that he had said to her. The female detective unable to stop a small smile from creeping onto her lips. As he looked at her.

"Ok. If that's what you want..............." (Y/n) agreed. Stepping back, trying to get the full picture.

"So............there doesn't seem to be any signs of a struggle. None of the bins are knocked over. Everything seems to be in its place. Well...........for an alley anyway. That, and there is a distinct lack of blood around the body. If he had been cut up like that here, there would be quite a lot more blood. Hell, there would at least be some blood, but there isn't. From what I was able to see, the cuts on the body don't seem frantic. They aren't jagged or clumsy slashes like you would expect from a random attack, or a robbery gone wrong. This was done slowly, methodically and well. Our perp knows what he's doing, and he isn't afraid to let people see his work. In fact, he's proud of it. Because even though this guy is in an alley, he wasn't hidden. He was left here for anyone and everyone to see." (Y/n) told the two men. Harvey smiling over at Jim as she spoke. Both of them feeling as though they had just gone back in time.

"This city is just getting more and more dangerous. Someone should really do something about it." A voice called out from the end of the alleyway. The three detective turning to see Oswald smiling at them.