Play with fire - Part 13 - Ed x Reader

(Y/n) sat with her feet up on the desk. A noodle slowly slipping through her lips. The detective smiling broadly, as she looked over at Ed. She had to say that today had gone, well..........well. She, Jim and Harv had managed to bring in some scumbags; they had got through the day without being reprimanded for anything, and even the coffee had tasted good. So, on the whole, it felt as though someone, or something, was smiling down on her. Something that approved of what she had done the night before to the feared assassin. That she had finally been able to make him start to pay for what he had done to her so long ago.

As Jim and Harvey had finished up for the day, she had stayed behind informing the pair that she still had paperwork to do; but in truth, she had wanted to go and see Ed again. The female detective thinking that perhaps ending the day with having takeout with the really rather eccentric forensic examiner, wasn't the worst thing to do. Bullseye's alter ego having to admit that she really had developed quite a soft spot for the riddling man. That she disliked how most of the others in the precinct treated him; (Y/n) believing that there was nothing wrong with being a little different, and Ed was most certainly that.

"Thanks again for this, (Y/n)." Ed suddenly said, pushing his glasses back up his nose, as he looked across at her.

"Think nothing of it, Ed. I have had one of those rare things, a good day; and I am quite happy to end that by having dinner with you. Admittedly, its not a big, fancy restaurant; but I have had dinner in worse places." (Y/n) chuckled, as she watched the scientist shift in his seat. That usual pretty pink hue kissing Ed's cheeks. The detective always quite enjoyed making the tall, slender man blush. (Y/n) having to admit that she had never really had a thing for sweet guys; but for Ed, she might just make an exception.

                                                                >>-------------------------------------<<

"Say something!" A voice growled in Ed's ear, as he sat across from (Y/n).

"Say something, or I will............."

"No you won't............!"

"What? Ed, are you okay...........?" (Y/n) asked, as Ed sudden blurted out words, caught her attention.

"Oh, yes, sorry (Y/n). I was just thinking out loud. I talk to myself sometimes..........."

"Oh, don't worry about it, I do that too. Sometimes I think that it is the most intelligent conversation I get in a day. Especially if I've just been stuck in a car with Harvey.........." The detective continued. Ed smiling at her, grateful that she wasn't judging him; but doubting that (Y/n) talked to herself in the same way that he did.

"Are you really going to just sit there and say nothing to her........again? You know what you want; you know what we both want. I know what you dream about; the lustful thoughts you have whenever you see her. I know how much you enjoy having her listen to you as you drone on and on; how important it makes you feel when she comes and asks you something. Why don't you be a man for once and tell her what you want; what you'd like to do? Why do you always have to deny yourself...........deny me.............." Edward continued, it obvious that he was getting sick of just being the detective's friend. That if Ed wasn't careful, Edward could make an appearance, and ruin everything. He would undoubtedly tell the female detective all his darkest desires; hell, he might even do something more, and (Y/n) would never look at him the same. But he couldn't just sit here and argue with Edward; not with the object of his desire sat across from him. He couldn't tell him to stay away from her and that he would say something in his own time and way. So, he had to do something..........

"Er.......(Y/n), can I talk to you about something............?" Ed blurted out, thankful that for the moment Edward had gone quiet.

"Of course..............."

"Well, I................"

"Will you spit it out. If you say something, you might find this day really does end up being a good one.........." Edward interjected again; Ed straightening himself, before he placed the white takeout box on the table.

"It............its about the gun............."

"Coward............." Edward growled, as (Y/n) took her feet off the table and inched closer to Ed.

"The gun.............?"

"Yes............I think I know why you haven't had any luck with any specialist weapon's manufactures yet.........."

"Why...............?"

"Because I think that given what little we know of this Bullseye, I would say that he wouldn't trust someone else with making this gun, making the bullets. I think that he keeps it all in house. I think that he crafted the gun and the shells himself. But if not, I believe that he might just have killed the person that did............." Ed explained, doing his best to ignore the continued rant from Edward in his head, as (Y/n) chewed on her bottom lip in thought.

"If that's true, then finding this guy just went from improbable, to impossible. I mean, if he is as smart as we think, then he is not likely to have a workshop here in Gotham; hell, he could have made the damn thing years ago. And the same goes for the casings and bullets. If he can make the casings and fresh primers, then the bullet is nothing. Shit, he could have a store of hundreds, thousands of those bullets of his............." The detective sighed, as she leaned back in her seat, dropping her head onto the back of the chair, her eyes focused on the ceiling tiles above.

"Well done, you just ruined her day............" Edward pipped up again, as Ed did his best to shake him from his thoughts.

"I'm sorry (Y/n). I didn't mean to spoil your good day............."

"What? Oh no, you didn't Ed, its fine. Its better that you tell me that now, than later. Saves me some time. I was just thinking that Jim and Harvey really know when to stick me with a case. I swear that the next time that they ask me.............."

"Are you doing anything after we have eaten............?" Ed interrupted, feeling the glow to his cheeks heat up.

"I........well, not really..............?"

"Would you like to go and see a movie............I, mean.......only if.........."

"I would love to. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie at the theatre. I tell you what, I'll meet you out front of the precinct in ten minutes........." (Y/n) agreed, as she got to her feet, threw the takeout box in the bin and made for the door. The female detective flashing one last smile that left even Edward speechless.