News - Part 4 - Harvey x Jim x Reader

(Y/n) sat in their usual booth, nursing her soda water. She felt a little numb. She knew eventually all this would hit her; that reality would come crashing down around her ears. But for now, perhaps numb was for the best. Tears weren't going to help her; self-pity wasn't going to do her much good either. So, she would do what she always did..........she would deal with it. She would face the challenges all this brought with it. Though she did have to admit something.........the thought of being a mother, terrified her. The thought of messing up this child's life, terrified her. The realization that she had no idea how to be a mother, terrified her. The whole thing being a little more than she could really comprehend at the moment. The female detective finishing off the soda water in her glass; her brows furrowing, as the light in front of her suddenly seemed to dim. (Y/n) slowly raising her head; the breath catching in her throat, as she looked up at the cause.

                                                           >>-----------------------------------<<

The car sped along the street, Jim and Harvey hoping that they were both right, and they would find (Y/n) at their local haunt. But given that Jim still couldn't get in contact with her, if she wasn't at Murphy's, she could be anywhere in the city.

"So..............you didn't know about this either............?" Harvey finally asked, as he quickly turned the wheel to avoid a car. The older detective still finding it hard to believe that (Y/n) and the butler were an item, never mind that she was pregnant.

"Nope. But you know what (Y/n)'s like. She keeps her private life just that.......private. But obviously it must have been going on for some time..........."

"But what went wrong.............? Alfred say something dumb when she told him...............?" Harvey enquired, as he put his foot down so that he did have to stop for the red light.

"She didn't tell him................"

"What...............?" The Irishman countered, as he turned to look at his partner. Jim pushing Harvey's head back around, to look at the road.

"She didn't tell him..............."

"Then how does he know...............?"

"One of those tester things fell out of her pocket without her knowing. Alfred only found it after she had driven off...............He didn't go into too much detail, but it doesn't sound as any of this went the way she wanted.........."

"Shit................." Harvey simply replied. Jim nodding in agreement. Both of them knowing enough to be aware that (Y/n) had no one to fall back on. That family was not something that she had. That she had always classed those you worked with as a kind of family. So, as family, Jim and Harvey knew that they had to help. That they had to find (Y/n) and help her figure it out.

"Look.........." Jim said, pointing to a car on the side of the street, as they finally got to the bar. The vehicle proving that they had both been right, and (Y/n) had made her way to the Irish bar, after leaving Wayne Manor. Harvey stopping his car in front of the female detectives; the pair getting out and quickly making their way across the street. The barman smiling, as the duo made their way inside.

"Harv, Jim........what can I get you...............?"

"Is (Y/n) here...............?"

"What? Oh yeah...........she's in your usual booth, nursing a soda water......"

"Soda water..............?" Harvey queried. Both he and Jim looking at one another. The information that (Y/n) was drinking water, an indicator that Alfred was right, and the female detective really had something going on.

"Yeah, she said that she was sick or something........." Murphy replied. His brows furrowed as he looked at the two detectives.

"Oh, yeah, right..........well, give us another soda water, and me and Jimbo our usuals................" Harvey responded. Murphy just nodding, before turning and pouring the drinks. The two grabbing the glasses, before making their way to their usual booth. The pair stopping as they saw (Y/n) just looking at the glass in her hand. It obvious that she was lost in thought. Not that they could blame her. The two giving one another a look, before making their way to the booth; standing in front of the table. Her eyes growing wide, as she looked up at them.

                                                           >>---------------------------------------<<

"Oh, hey guys.............." (Y/n) said, as she gave Harvey and Jim a smile. Not really sure whether she was happy that they were there or not. The two boys taking a seat on either side of her.

"Erm.........what are you doing here? I thought you were working late. Not that I mind you being here. Better than drinking alone............" (Y/n) chuckled, as she shook her now empty glass. Harvey placing the new glass of soda water in front of her.

"Yeah, we were working until we got a call. We thought you were dealing with something................" Harvey replied, as he took a drink. Doing his best to not make it sound as though he was interrogating her.

"Oh......er........I was...................."

"And did you get it fixed............." Jim chimed in, as he moved a little closer to her.

"No...........no I didn't. In fact...........its just opened up a whole new world of questions............." (Y/n) sighed, Harvey looking over at Jim. The younger man shaking his head, as he saw that look in his partner's eyes.

"We know............." Harvey blurted out. Jim unable to do anything but shake his head again.

"Know what..................?"

"We know that you're pregnant............."

"What? What do you mean...........?" (Y/n) gasped, as she looked between her two friends.

"I'm not...................."

"Alfred called us. He told us................."

"No, no, Alfred couldn't have done that.............I didn't..........."

"We know, (Y/n). We know you didn't tell him. It seems that you dropped something out of your pocket before you left Wayne Manor. Alfred was trying to call you, and as he couldn't get you, he called us. He knows that your pregnant.............." Jim explained, before (Y/n) frantically rummaged in her pocket. The colour draining from her face, as she found that the tester was missing. Her head dropping into her hands. The tears finally making their way down her cheeks, as she felt Jim and Harvey wrap their arms around her shoulders.